What you’ll be doing
We are presently in search of a dynamic and proficient Mental Health First Aid Instructor who is motivated and proactive. This role involves delivering training on an casual basis. Our team of Trainers & Instructors engage with students using a variety of methods, including face-to-face, remote, and online interactions to provide training, support, and assessments. The training sessions might take place at any of our three campuses located in Rutherford, Gateshead, and Ourimbah. Some travel may be required for this position.
Your excellent interpersonal skills paired with your passion for adult education will see you deliver quality training to students and genuinely make an impact on people’s lives. .
As a Mental Health First Aid Instructor, you will play a pivotal role in equipping individuals with the tools they need to make a positive difference in the lives of those facing mental health challenges. By imparting knowledge, empathy, and practical skills, you contribute to a more compassionate and supportive society.
- Leading engaging training sessions, sharing your practical knowledge and demonstrating how to utilize the tools featured in the Mental Health First Aid Program.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to aspiring Mental Health First Aiders.
- Working closely with the Training Coordinator to develop comprehensive training materials, including lesson plans, presentations, and assessments, ensuring successful student outcomes.
- Maintaining assessment and report documentation for all students in the course.
- Fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.
What you’ll get in return
As well as a fun, supportive and inclusive environment, you’ll also get:
- Access to discounted Gym & Health Insurance Rates
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible Working Arrangements (as agreed)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity for salary packaging to maximise your income by increasing your take home pay by 6-12% (by paying less income tax)- sometimes it pays to work for the good guys!
- We offer employees the opportunity to help students achieve their professional and personal aspirations.
What you’ll bring to the table
We employ trainers & Instructors who are actively engaged in industry practice whilst teaching, giving students insight into current industry processes and trends. To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified Mental Health First Aid Instructor with strong student engagement and enthusiasm for sharing your current industry knowledge and experience in the Mental Health First Aid field. You will be effective and engaging in the delivery of training and assessment material for VET courses alongside maintaining all assessment and report documentation for all participants for the course. You will work closely with the Training Coordinator to implement effective holistic programs, ensuring successful student outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will also need to demonstrate:
- Current accreditation as a Mental Health First Aid practitioner
- It is desirable to have a TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience delivering the Mental Health First Aid Training both face to face and online to trainers, teachers, and corporate staff.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite programs and Office 365
- Strong computer skills and have experience using virtual platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft teams.
Who you’ll be working with…
The amalgamation of HVTC and the Central Coast Community College has combined two dynamic organisations working in the VET sector delivering apprentice & trainee employment and vocational education and training.
HVTC is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to changing lives through training and employment. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. We believe in the power of knowledge and learning, but also diversity and choice and we understand that one person’s dream is different to the next. In collaboration with businesses across NSW, we match the right person with the right career and support them to realise their full potential.
The Central Coast Community College is a Registered Training Organisation which provides high quality, adult education courses for our community. The College offers a range of courses to support our students in gaining employment and enabling pathways to further education. We offer students a supportive and friendly learning environment, ensuring training is tailored to our students’ needs and adequate attention is given to every individual.
HVTC Group is leading the way in vocational education and training connecting people with purpose to fulfil their potential.
How to Apply…
To apply, please follow the ‘Apply Now’ button below and upload your Cover Letter and Resume, please note that only applications addressing the Selection Criteria will be considered.
Further information on this position can be obtained by contacting Lauren Halliday on 4932 4222
Applications close Sunday 3rd September 2023
Appointment to this position will be subject to the successful completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
As a recognised Diversity Champion, HVTC and Central Coast Community College are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, people with disability, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and mature aged people. If you require assistance lodging your application with HVTC Group, please contact our HR & Safety Team on 4932 4222.