Mental Health – Consumer Lived Experience Worker
Based in Gippsland, Latrobe Regional Health are looking for a Mental Health Lived Experience Worker to join our Latrobe Valley Community Mental Health team on a part time, fixed term basis until August 2024.
Reporting operationally to the Managers of the Latrobe Valley Community Mental Health service and clinically to the Manager of the Specialist and Therapeutic Programs and supported by the Lived Experience Senior, the Mental Health Lived Experience Worker plays an important role in supporting and consultation with the aim of improving mental health service delivery by ensuring that consumers and carers have a meaningful input in the decision-making process at all levels of service management.
LRH employees enjoy access to:
- Free access to our Staff Wellbeing Centre offering a range of health education and wellbeing services
- Access to ongoing development through daily education sessions, bespoke training and career & study support
- Tailored flexible work options to support work life balance, including ADO’s, 5 weeks leave, regional salary packaging and additional purchased leave
- Fantastic social club activities and diverse and inclusive workplace activities
- Workplace Wellbeing programs and activities uniquely designed for LRH staff
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience as a direct consumer of a mental health service
- Current Victorian Driver License
- Have or be willing to obtain a Working with Childrens Check
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and liaise with other consumers, carers, staff members and other relevant agencies
- Display an ability to work with the multidisciplinary team in a respectful and collaborative manner
- Have good computer literacy
- The ability to carry out the attached position description
- The ability to follow instructions and encourage a positive workplace culture
For more information about this exciting opportunity, we encourage you to contact Paul Cruickshank on (03) 5128 0100 for a confidential discussion.
LRH was proud to be the recipient of the 2022 Premier’s Health Service of the Year (Medium) Award. This prestigious award recognises the amazing work of our team in driving change and improvement in the health outcomes for the Victorian community.
We are located 150 km east of Melbourne, and LRH is the regional provider of a broad range of specialist health services including hospital based, sub-acute and mental health services across Gippsland.
Now is an exciting time to join the LRH team, with $217 million expansion nearing completion, offering improved maternity and paediatric facilities, larger intensive care unit, increase medical and surgical beds and additional operating theatres.
Diversity and Inclusion
We actively embrace workforce diversity, equity and inclusion, and encourage applications from across our community, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. LRH’s Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants and can be contacted on (03) 5173 8653.
IMPORTANT: All staff employed in the healthcare sector are required to be vaccinated for 3 COVID-19 doses and current season influenza vaccination, unless a valid medical exemption applies.