Mindset TAS Mental Health Practitioners – Northwest Coast
Multiple Roles, Negotiable FTE, Fixed Term to June 30, 2023, with possibility of extension
- 2022 AFR Boss Best Places to Work finalist
- Well-established, respected and researched-backed mental health programs
- Sector-leading monthly external group supervision model
- Person-led career development and evidence-informed practice development opportunities
- Salary in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 commencing at Level 5
Join a dedicated, connected, and diverse workforce of Mental Health and Family and Community Services Practitioners
We have part and fulltime positions available in two of our Baptcare Mindset TAS programs – Horizons and Foundations. The Northwest office is based in Ulverstone, with flexible working from home options available.
Horizons is a state-wide short-term, psychosocial program that equips people experiencing episodic, severe mental health conditions with the tools needed to support their mental health and work towards their goals. It utilises two platforms – outreach and group programs.
The Foundations program works in partnership with Adult Community Mental Health Service to support adults with severe and persistent mental health issues to build skills, strategies, and resources to work towards their goals and manage their mental health.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to use a creative approach to the design of goals and skill development programs with people experiencing mental health needs
- Excellent organisational, time management skills, and ability to be self-directed
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and able to write accurate, thorough, and comprehensive reports
- Able to work within complex environments and be outcome-focused
- Experience using evidenced-based approaches to promote mental wellbeing
Please note, applicants must address these selection criteria to be considered for the role.
You must also have:
- Minimum Certificate IV Mental Health or equivalent
- The right to work in Australia.
- Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Satisfactory National Police Clearance (will be completed post-interview for applicants moving onto next stage of recruitment)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Influenza and full COVID Vaccination.
Interested in applying?
At Baptcare our Mission is “Partnering for fullness of life with people of all ages, cultures, beliefs and circumstances.” This means that we are committed to building a diverse workforce and recognise the value this brings to the important work that we do. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability.
Please submit your resumé and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria listed to be considered for these roles.
Please note, selection criteria must be addressed for an application to be considered.
Applications close Friday 22nd of July.
Enquiries can be addressed to Jasmine Gaul at [email protected]
More info on the organisation?
Keep reading below!
Baptcare is a leading, purpose-driven organisation that provides residential and community support for older adults, support to children, families and people living with a disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum. We respect all faiths and beliefs, and actively promote inclusion and diversity.
Baptcare’s psychosocial services journey started in 2013 with the Foundations program (formally MIcare); since then, we have grown to a suite of five mental health programs across Tasmania under the banner name ‘Mindset TAS’.
Here are some ways we foster balance and growth:
- Supportive and comprehensive induction processes with ongoing professional development opportunities: our induction program provides a mix of clear online learning pathways; mentoring and practice shadowing, ongoing training, and development opportunities – we are invested in your development from the start!
- Flexible Working: We understand balancing work and life isn’t always easy, so we offer a flexible work model at Baptcare to empower our employees to make time for what’s important to them.
- Flexible wellbeing benefits: we want to make our contribution to the maintenance of great employee health and wellbeing – we like to ‘walk our talk’ in Mindset!
- Connection: We have a focus on creating a work environment where people can thrive in their roles; which includes feeling connected to each other and to purpose; we provide regional and state-wide opportunities for connection, training, and support.