- Remuneration: $38.12 to $40.19 per hour + 12% superannuation + salary packaging
- Location: Perth Office, with outreach throughout the Perth Metro area
- Employment Type: Permanent full-time (38 hour week). This role will include some evening and weekend work.
HelpingMinds® is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and provide education on mental illnesses, promoting accurate, evidence-based information to schools, tertiary institutions and the community
- Maintain, develop and actively seek partnerships with schools, tertiary institutions and the community to deliver programs, expos etc.
- Represent HelpingMinds at seminars, expos, presentations and workshops as required
- Providing information to students and community members regarding where they can seek assistance, including referring into HelpingMinds services as well as other Mental Health or Allied Health organisations
For more information, including a position description please visit our website: https://helpingminds.org.au/about-us/work-with-us/
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months), Proof of Australian Working Rights, Working With Children Check, Current Drivers License and First Aid Certificate
- A relevant tertiary degree in Health Promotion, Public Health, Health Science or related discipline
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in a similar position
- The ability to design, deliver and evaluate community-based education projects
- Previous experience and understanding of working with young people
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro rata), increasing to 6 weeks (pro rata) once reaching 3 years of continuous service
- 2 wellness days per year, increasing to 3 days once reaching 3 years of continuous service
- Generous superannuation; 12%, increasing to 13% once reaching 1 year of continuous service
- Professional development and support around additional training
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter. For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100 or email [email protected]
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA , people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.