Warekila is voluntary adult mental health service, run by Uniting, for people with GP diagnosed mental illness aged 18 years and over and living in the Northern Sydney local government areas (LGAs).
- Psychologist / Mental Health Social Worker / Registered Nurse / Occupational Therapist
- Full time in Chatswood with some flexibility
- Directly help people with mental health challenges in the community
The Clinician role is an integral part of the multidisciplinary team. The role involves the provision of comprehensive, evidence-based clinical case management, psychological and psychosocial interventions to adults in the community with mental health illness..
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide evidence-based psychological and psychosocial interventions tailored to meet the individual needs of adults within a Recovery Framework.
- Provide mental health assessments, including completion of mental state examination, risk assessment, case formulations and individual treatment planning.
- Develop, implement and evaluate appropriate treatment plans for each person in collaboration with the consumers, families and members of the multidisciplinary team
- Approved tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work with full registration with AHPRA or eligible for membership with the AASW.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience of clinical practice field (excluding placements) within the mental health providing high quality triage, assessment and evidence based psychological interventions where required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate a comprehensive bio-psychosocial approach and interventions to meet the needs of clients.
- Willingness to work independently or with professional supervision from more senior members of the profession or health team when performing novel, complex, or critical tasks
- Ability and willingness to maintain documentation of clinical care and actively contribute to clinical review processes and planning for clients within a recovery framework.
- Demonstrated a commitment or willingness to continue professional development, contribute to workplace education through clinical supervision, training and education through the provision of seminars, lectures or in-services.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007) and other relevant legislation
- Current NSW Driver’s License
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Position criteria.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
- Generous Salary packaging entitlements for PBI ( pay less tax)
- Ongoing training & development, including cultural awareness training
- Career progression & development opportunities in large organization