ADF Health Services provides integrated healthcare services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel across Australia. As part of this contract, Serco, in partnership with Bupa, provide defence-ready clinical and support staff across 50+ on-base locations nationally, ensuring that ADF personnel have access to quality on-site medical care. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/ahsc
About the Role
In this role you will work as a part of a multidisciplinary team supporting the diverse mental health needs of military members. Referrals will come from a variety of sources; the member, medical team and Command, offering diversity in presentations and support requests.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Current member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Minimum 2 years full-time (or part-time equivalent) Post Graduate experience in the last 5 years in mental health in a primary health or specialist mental health setting undertaking comprehensive mental health assessment and delivering a range of evidence based ‘Focussed Psychological Strategies’ as defined under the Medicare Schedule.
- Recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AASW
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID009) certification
About ACT Health Centre
The ACT Health Centre is a brand new facility – having opened in mid-2021 – and is an amalgamation of the Duntroon and Russell health centres. Approximately 7000 military personnel attend the Health Centre, including trainee officers from both the ADFA and Royal Military College. The Health Centre offers inpatient and outpatient services, as well as dentistry, physiotherapy, and pharmacy. Standard operating hours are 0700-1900 Monday-Friday, with a ward that operates 24/7.
You are a passionate and dedicated mental health professional who is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need. With excellent communication and listening skills, you take pride in your ability to make your patients feel comfortable and safe in your hands. You are empathetic and compassionate and understand the importance of this in making a difference to those in need of mental health services. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You are passionate about providing health services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients.
Rewards & Benefits
- Be part of an amazing culture, based on the values of trust, care, innovation and pride
- Gain access to Global Employee Networks that embrace diversity and inclusion
- ‘Start with a job and stay for a career’ with extensive employment and growth opportunities across Serco’s many contracts
- Meaningful work supporting defence personnel
- Flexible work options including Telehealth, Hybrid and On-base
- Sign-on bonus payment
- Referral Programs
- Paid annual and personal leave
- Paid CPD leave for permanent employees
- Paid volunteer leave and leave for reservists
- Provision of uniform
- Variety of lifestyle discounts through the Serco Benefits program including discounts with Apple, Qantas, Hoyts Cinemas and more!
- Plus, ongoing 24/7 immediate mental health and counselling support via our Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Join a dedicated team of collaborative and supportive health professionals
Refer a friend or colleague and be rewarded!
Refer a Healthcare Professional to join Serco’s Australian Defence Force Health Services Team and receive a $500 Prezzee Voucher if they are successful!
Please email their details to [email protected] and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Please note your resume must include – start and finish dates for each role, along with employment type (e.g. casual, part-time, full-time) and hours worked per week.
You must also be an Australian Citizen in order to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance for this role.
If you would like to learn more about these and other opportunities available, please visit www.serco.com/aspac/careers to find out more.
Serco and Proud
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, but everyone also has an important role to play from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 60,000+ globally and 16,000+ in Asia Pacific responsible for delivering essential public services in areas including defence, justice, immigration, healthcare, facilities management and citizen services.
Serco requires employees in this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people. Please consider this requirement when submitting your application.
Serco’s values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people matter and make a difference every day.
We seek and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all backgrounds and cultures including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGTBQI+, veterans and people with disability. By joining Serco you will have access to Employee Networks led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.