Mental Health Support Worker – Female preferred
Care & Connects is an NDIS registered provider who provide ‘Person centred’ care. We are seeking experienced Mental Health Support Workers to join our growing team.
At Care & Connects, we value our employees. Some benefits of working with us include:
- Competitive remuneration
- Career progression
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Short and Long shifts over a 24/7 roster to suit your current commitments
You have a passion and genuine desire to help and assist individuals with mental health disabilities to improve their quality of life and reach their potential. You have a good understanding of the NDIS and a commitment to its principles. Additionally we would require the below certifications
Location: Brooklyn Park or any Western/ Southern suburb within a convenient distance from the said location
Availability to work both short and long shifts across a 24/7 roster.
- Experience in Mental Health and/or via a caring role for at least 6 months
- MUST HAVE experience supporting people with mental health, intellectual disability, challenging behaviors, trauma, PTSD, suicide ideation, Autism, conflict resolution, medication & positive support plans.
- Experience and understanding the impact of mental illness on a person’s life, their families, and children (particularly people with complex needs and high levels of disadvantage)
- Provide emotional and practical support to participants with mental health challenges.
- Assist participants with daily living activities, such as personal hygiene, meal preparation, and medication management in line with NDIS plans
- Collaborate with co support workers to develop and implement care plans that meet the individual needs of participants.
- Monitor participant’s progress and report any changes or concerns to the appropriate authorities
- Provide crisis intervention and support to participants in crisis.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and documentation.
- Adhere to all relevant policies and procedures, including health and safety, confidentiality, and participant’s rights
Interested in the position? Apply Now
Please include a cover letter with your application explaining how you meet the above selection criteria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are seeking further information about the position, please email [email protected]