Chrysalis Accommodation is an expanding SIL provider in the Hunter and Mid North Coast. Our service aims to enrich the lives of others in all areas of care. Chrysalis accommodation is a trauma-informed provider that aims to reduce the use of restrictive practices and increase the quality of life of people living with disabilities. Chrysalis Accommodation care for people living with disaiblity and mental health support needs.
Overview of the role
We are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic staff who can work across our SIL programs, including Behaviour support mentoring, intensive interactions and promote human rights framework for our participants. This is an exciting opportunity to challenge yourself and make the change from your current routine role.
- Provide day-to-day support for people living in SIL arrangements and help them improve their independence and achieve their goals.
- 24-hour care model, meaning staff are required to work a combination of shifts – morning, afternoon and overnight (predominantly sleepovers)
- Assist participants with a range of personal activities including hygiene support, medication assistance, domestic assistance and meals.
- Following individualised positive Behaviour support plans (PBSP)
- Assist participants with engaging in community, social and recreational activities.
- Support people within both group settings and 1-on-1 arrangements.
- Use a company vehicle to transport participants to community-based outings.
What we offer
- Job security with permanent part-time employment offering both consistent rosters and flexibility, with the opportunity for additional shifts.
- Opportunity for career progression with ongoing training specifically designed to support and advance you in your role.
- Work with real purpose, passion and impact.
- Empowered by a dedicated team providing you support, supervision, training and guidance.
- A culture of equality, diversity, well-being and belonging
- Work with a variety of participants
- Easy-to-use rostering and data collection apps that allow you to view and accept shifts, update your availability and complete reports/documents.
- Become part of a Community of Support Workers making a positive difference to people living with disability.
- We provide Positive Behaviour and active support training, along zero tolerance, medication management, manual handling, and many other training programs.
To be successful you must have
- Certificate IV in Mental Health, Community Service/Disability Services. Equivalent qualification or relevant experience in the disability, mental health, nursing, OOHC, aged care sectors also highly regarded.
- Availability to work across a variety of shifts: Day, Sleepover & Active throughout a 7 day week.
- A strong understanding of active support, with a commitment to maintaining positive, dignified, respectful relationships with our participants.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and non-verbally with participants.
- Demonstrated ability to calmly de-escalate situations and work collaboratively with Behaviour support teams and allied health professionals.
- Ability to apply understanding of duty of care, ethical practices and the Human Rights Framework when delivering services for individuals living with disability.
- Demonstrated ability to write or keep accurate medication records, data collection, and general documentation.
If you have the skills, or experience or passion to be successful, we want to hear from you!
Documentation required prior to start date
- NDIS Screening ID
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- NDIS Module Certificates