We strongly encourage First Nations Peoples to apply for this position however, everyone who has an understanding of cultural awareness is welcome to apply to be part of our growing team.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate support workers who’s values and visions align with Connecting With Communities.
Connecting with Communities was developed to offer First Nations peoples the opportunity to work with First Nations Support Workers to help with supporting consumers to get the best culturally appropriate support workers and services.
We enable an independent and positive future for all people living with severe, persistent, long term mental illness. We promote choice and control, enhancing the quality of a person’s life and advocating a person’s rights in line with the person-centered philosophy.
CWC have First Nations Support Workers who specialise in Culturally appropriate supports. Our Support Workers are respected by the First Nations Communities in the Awabakal, Wonnarua, and Worimi. We have maintained these connections along with First Nations Communities across New South Wales.
CWC also have extensive Mental Health knowledge and First Nations Mental Health.
Your tasks may include but not be limited to the following:
- Work in a recovery-focused way
- Coordinate and implement social outings
- Complete detailed shift notes and incident reports.
- Listen to and partake in activities that meet the interests and goals of people.
- Encourage shared learning experiences and support skill development at every opportunity through self-directed learning, information and education.
- Ensure all aspects of service delivery are provided in consultation with the key worker, are strengths based and person-led wherever possible.
- Self-reflect and constantly review work practices.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- A proven track record working with people who are First Nations Peoples
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Comprehensive knowledge of different types of mental health diagnosis
- Proven ability to work as a part of a close-knit team
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Commitment to best practice
Qualifications and check:
- Minimum Cert III qualification
- NSW Drivers License and own transportation with full comprehensive insurance
- First Aid – Less than 3 years old
- CPR less than 12 months old
- Mental Health First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain after a successful interview
- Willingness to undergo a police check
- Willingness to obtain an NDIS Worker Check (at your own cost)
- Evidence of vaccination or exemption from vaccination against COVID-19
For more information, please contact the team via email [email protected] or press the apply now button