Grace Recovery Hub is currently looking for Mental Health Support Workers to work in Preston, Reservoir South Yarra & Williamstown.
- Casual Position
- Weekdays & Weekends
- Work-Life Balance
We seek energetic, passionate, and highly committed individuals to be part of our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting individuals with psychosocial disabilities to participate in daily living tasks as well as social and community activities.
In this role, you will:
- Support and assist participants in achieving their goals and needs in relation to the approved NDIS plan.
- Assisting them with their daily tasks, such as buying groceries or attending medical appointments.
- Helping with personal administration tasks like paying bills, looking for housing, and handling Centrelink.
- Encouraging physical health by supporting them in attending gyms or doing outdoor exercises.
- Offer support to participants and assist them in participating in all lifestyle activities of their choice, meeting daily living needs, and attaining better social participation in their community.
- Deliver high-quality, person-centred services to meet the needs of participants, including domestic assistance, gardening, cleaning, meal prep, personal care, and other activities of daily living.
If you are interested in this position, you should have strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable meeting and engaging with new individuals. Previous experience in mental health or community-related work is preferred.
You’ll need to have access to a car and a current driver’s license, as you’ll be responsible for transporting clients in your vehicle. However, you’ll be reimbursed for mileage expenses.
- Minimum cert 4 Mental Health and/or relevant experience
- Willingness to work on short notice
- The willingness to travel to and with our clients is critical in order to support them in maximising their community participation.
- Current First Aid & CPR (or willingness to obtain)
- Current full Drivers License & Registered Vehicle
- Current Working with Children Check OR
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time
- Demonstrated understanding of a person-centred approach
- Ability to follow established recovery-oriented practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to connect with others
- Ability to follow individual support plans
We strongly encourage our workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 and the seasonal flu.