JOB TITLE: Recovery Support Worker (Mental Health Support Worker)
Employment Type: Casual / Part-time/full-time / Traineeship
Location: Armidale / Tamworth
- Young Adult Program (8 am to 8 pm flexible roster, weekend work)
- Outreach team (8 am to 8 pm flexible roster, weekend work)
- Accommodation program (possibly 24/7 rotating roaster, weekend work)
ABOUT US: Holistic Recovery stands on a mission to enhance the lives of those living with uncertainty by creating opportunity and fostering a sense of belonging and independence. Our everyday goal is to empower individuals through developed skills that would help them make choices that will fulfil and achieve their goals. We are growing and currently have multiple vacancies for experienced Mental Health Support Workers who want to make a difference. The role is designed to work with participants and enhance their daily lives to achieve their individual goals while maintaining a high level of professional boundaries to mitigate ongoing risks. The motive of this role is to develop long-lasting positive influences on participants with a significant trauma history.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
• The core purpose of this role is to support participants recovering from Psychosocial Disability with a complex trauma history. We have various positions in Armidale and Tamworth area covering Gunnedah, Quirindi, Manilla and surrounding towns. The role provides on-the-ground in-home support as well as community access, including but not limited to:
• Appropriate intervention strategies implementation as well as psychosocial supports outlined within their Behaviour Support Plan where available.
• Direct intervention and support to Participants, including preparation of meals, some self-care, the dignity of risk etc
• Flexible supports tailored to individual needs: this may include community access and transport requirements.
• Mandatory Data input for day-to-day barriers to meeting their individual goals
• Practical assistance and mentorship to learn responsible day-to-day social interactions
• Professional Communication with key stakeholders, including Community Mental Health, the Department of Health, other partners in the community and family members
• Promote recovery-oriented support and utilise strength-based language.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Have at least 1-year experience working in the mental health industry and/or Relevant qualifications in Mental Health or
relevant tertiary qualification or
Traineeship opportunities for the right candidate to gain further education in Mental Health.
• Genuine desire to provide the best quality care for people with psychosocial disabilities
• The capacity to work flexible hours on a roster system, including weekdays, weekends and Active night shifts.
• Demonstrate awareness of mental health issues
• You must engage in regular supervision provided by your direct supervisor
• Understanding of WHS
• First Aid Certificate preferred
• Australian Driver’s licence and access to a reliable/registered and fully insured vehicle
• Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
• Current NDIS Workers check (NDISWC)
• Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 (Including Booster) and able to produce evidence
• Right to work in Australia
WE WILL REWARD YOU BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING:
• Competitive salary ($40.26 – $48.25 per hour + 11% Super)
• Access to Holistic Recovery Professional Development Pathway
• Access to EAP (employee assistance program)
• Allocated Company Mobile Phone
• Paid flu shot
• Access to pool MacBook or iPad where available
• Access to Company Car where available
• Traineeship opportunities for the right candidate
• Fortnightly Group Reflective Practice & Training
• We are actively promoting flexible working arrangements and work-life balance.
• Travel KMs reimbursement ( 96 Cents per claimable km)
TO APPLY: fill out the application and upload your resume. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Should you have any queries related to this position, please get in touch with us at [email protected].