Please note: This role can also be filled by a Clinical Nurse Consultant as per Role Description.
An opportunity has become available for an Occupational Therapist/Psychologist/Social Worker – Senior (Mental Health – Assertive Mobile Youth Outreach Service) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 12 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Provide intensive mental health interventions and ongoing assessments for adolescents who require higher intensity services
- Deliver high level clinical services in accordance with professional code of ethics and National Practice Standards
- Provision of high level independent mental health services including an advanced level of assessment, collaborative treatment planning and case management
- Advanced clinical leadership and advocacy for the mental health needs of service consumers and their careers
- Provide a high level expertise of comprehensive and flexible mental health service
To be successful in this position you will require:
- A tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work (or equivalent)
- AHPRA Registration (Occupational Therapist and Psychologist only)
- Eligibility for membership to the Australian Association of Social Workers (Social Worker only)
- Driver Licence
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against and remain vaccinated against – Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B and COVID 19
- Tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed
- Criminal History Screening will be required for new employees (GCH will cover cost)
- Flexible work options
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- 12.75% superannuation
- 17.5% leave loading
- Temporary full time (up to 30 June 2024, with the possibility of extension)
- Base salary ranging from $4933.10 – $5355.90 per fortnight
The Assertive Mobile Youth Outreach Service forms part of the CYMHS continuum of care. The Assertive Mobile Youth Outreach Service state wide model works specifically with adolescents aged 13-18 years with severe and complex mental health problems. Based at Southport.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals – Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Monday, 25 September 2023
Gold Coast Health is committed to providing an accessible, inclusive work environment. Please contact the nominated person if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout this recruitment process.
Job Ad reference: GC512600HP
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.