Marathon Health is a not-for-profit, registered charity with a vision of enabling communities to thrive through improved health and wellbeing.
We are looking for Mental Health Workers to join our Commonwealth Psychosocial Support team in Bathurst or Dubbo, NSW. These roles are Full Time, 75 hours per fortnight, and will be ongoing.
What’s on offer
- Tax Free Salary Packaging– Up to $15,900 per year and an additional $2,650 on meal entertainment, accommodation and venue hire
- Novated leasing – save on your car and running costs
- Retail discounts and cashback through our employee savings program
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, plus additional leave over Christmas/New Year
- Access to Professional Development allowance, study leave and opportunity for career progression
- Support with completing a Cert IV in Community Services or Mental Health
- Positive workplace culture that values inclusion, innovation & employee growth.
The Mental Health Worker role:
- Works individually with clients experiencing mental illness to support their recovery journey
- Provides service coordination and navigation of mental health and mainstream services
- Adopts a person-centred approach, developing recovery-focussed goals
- Travels to remote communities and provide essential mental health outreach services as required
- Assists with building personal capacity and stability of individuals
- Thrives in a diverse and fast-paced work environment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with vulnerable people, and an understanding of Recovery Model of Care
- A Certificate IV in Community Services or Mental Health, or willingness to work towards this
- Knowledge of service providers in the area
- Demonstrated high standard of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and can-do attitude
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Sound computer skills and willingness to adapt to new software applications
- Current unrestricted drivers licence and a willingness to travel as required for the role.
Full responsibilities and selection criteria for this role may be viewed on the Position Description found at marathonhealth.com.au/careers
- Upload your current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Applications close Friday, 15 September 2023. Applications are reviewed as we receive them, so this job listing may close if a suitable candidate is found before this date.
For more information on who we are and the benefits of working for us, visit marathonhealth.com.au, or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for our roles, including First Nations peoples and people with lived experience of mental health.
Applicants must be willing to obtain a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance, and agree to undertake a national police screening check and NDIS Worker Screening Check prior to commencing employment.