Monash Children’s Health and Wellbeing Local – one stop service for mental health care, health, and wellbeing support for the whole family
Monash Health appointed lead provider for the new Monash Children’s Health and Wellbeing Local (Monash Children’s Local), a one-stop service dedicated to providing therapy that involves all aspects of an infant’s or child’s life from 0-11 years. The Monash Children’s Local has dedicated funding for community health, mental health, and family support services to enable mental health consultations, assessments, and treatments to infants, children and families in the South-eastern region of Victoria. Designed as a central one-stop location for mental health, health and wellbeing, Victorian families will be able to access a range of specialist medical and allied health services, including paediatricians, occupational therapists, psychologists and speech pathologists and offer parenting supports. The Monash Children’s Local sits alongside Early in Life Mental Health Service (ELMHS), Monash Childrens and the Child and Family Program, Monash Health Community.
The new Monash Children’s Local centrally located at Cranbourne, with spoke sites across the catchment of Dandenong, Casey, and Cardinia and will be part of a newly co-designed service with a Transdisciplinary/ Multidisciplinary service.
Victorian families will have access to specialist mental health treatment, developmental assessments, or paediatrician-led medical care with a renewed innovative focus to enable early intervention and age-appropriate care to meet development and mental health challenges in younger children. The first if its kind one stop shop service will be designed in consultation with local communities, people with lived experience as well as local service providers, including Aboriginal Controlled Community Organisations, to ensure service offerings are tailored to local needs and build on existing services and capacity.
“Truly innovative, interdisciplinary work to improve the health of kids and families. It’s a chance for us to change the system and do things differently to make measurable change in children’s lives. It will allow us to work together, innovatively, to improve the health and wellbeing of children and families” Victoria McKay, Paediatrician
Join Victoria and our team of specialist medical and allied health professionals to deliver critical, community-based support for mental health care and wellbeing support for the whole family with local access when they need and closer to home.
New Permanent Monash Children’s Health and Wellbeing Local Opportunities:
- Speech Pathologist G2 – full time
- Social Worker G2 – full-time
- Occupational Therapist G3 – part-time (.6 eft)
Mental Health Clinicians:
- Senior Psychologist G3 – part-time (.5 eft)
- Speech Pathologist G2 – full-time
Flexible Full/Part time positions located at Cranbourne with travel to spoke sites, as required.
Refer to relevant Position Description for more information.
As part of application, please highlight in cover letter which position applying to.
You are seeking a new opportunity to work closely with an equally passionate multidisciplinary team to deliver a range of specialist medical and allied health services to make a real difference. You are excited to be part of a first of its kind, innovative program focused on making measurable change to improve the health and wellbeing of children and families.
To ensure your success in this role, you will have the following demonstrated skills, experience and knowledge:
- Refer to relevant Position Description for required Medical and/or Allied Health Qualification
- Australian working rights
- Understanding of current, relevant theory, practice knowledge and evidence in clinical practice
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary assessment and treatment group setting
- Dedicated to safe best practice and quality care
- Committed to the delivery of patient centred care and patient advocacy
- Enthusiastic, compassionate and able to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines Current Drivers Licence
Unique historic career opportunities to actively contribute to the direction and success of the Monash Children’s Health and Wellbeing Local designed to support Victorian families.
Monash Health is a great place to work.
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunity and are committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace and we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles and iCare values.
Monash Children’s Health and Wellbeing Local featuring:
- Multidisciplinary care across various settings, supporting families with children 0-11 years experiencing developmental, behavioural and emotional challenges.
- One-stop local service for mental health, health, and wellbeing support for infants, children and families
- Specialist Medical and Allied Health services, including paediatricians, psychologists and speech pathologists, and parenting support
- First of its kind service to deliver key recommendations on Children’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- Multidisciplinary teams fostering high performing talent within community healthcare
- Best place to further develop your career in Community Healthcare
- Victoria’s largest public health service employing over 22,000 people across a range of specialities
- Salary packaging options, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing program, Free flu vaccinations, Private health insurance at discounted rates, + more
How To Apply
We’re only able to accept applications submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System
Details on how to apply and probity check requirements, refer to attached Application Guide located under Position Documents
Selection activity may commence prior to closing date, apply today.