- Exciting opportunity to support individuals in achieving their recovery goals
- Work from home with flexible hours
- Learn and extend your insights into mental health in Australia with direct mentoring from national experts
- Work in one of Australia’s most rewarding industries
About Goal Coach
Goal Coach is a fast-growing business that offers a differentiated and innovative approach to addressing mental health needs in Australia’s NDIS sector and more broadly. Our mission is to help our clients live life well!
Goal Coach was founded by a team with deep experience in the NDIS and mental health sectors, and a long track record of setting up and scaling values driven person-centered businesses and organisations.
As a Psychosocial Recovery Coach you will provide individualised support to people (who have a disability and/or mental illness), including those in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
You will work in partnership with a person on their journey, to get you closer to their goals and build a life that is not defined by diagnosis or disability. You will assist a person to implement the supports within a their plan for the purpose of building capacity, managing the impact of their disability, and improving their health, well-being, and participation within the community.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Coaching to increase recovery skills and personal capacity, including motivation, strengths, resilience and decision making.
- Provide practical support in implementing a range of goals including life skills development, attending appointments and social skill building.
- Provide access to activities and opportunities that promote independence.
- Support participants to engage with both mainstream and NDIS funded services and programs.
- Manage a caseload and achieve key performance indicators including billable hours.
Lived experience, or experience working in mental health services, experience in case management, support coordination, care coordination and any relevant qualifications in social work, disability, mental health, community services, or alcohol and other drugs
Passion for mental wellbeing sector, with some work experience and study and professional development in areas such as Peer Work, Social Work, Counselling, Applied Behaviour Science, Psychology, Trauma Informed Care, Mental Health or other relevant disciplines
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Superb communication skills and relationship building skills
- Able to work cross functionally with a highly flexible attitude
- Strong process management and improvement skills
- Keen to have an impact in building something – not be a cog in a wheel
- Highly proactive and self-starting
- Learn and extend your insights into mental health in Australia
- Work directly with a recognised leadership team in Australia’s mental health and NDIS sector
- Flat structure with significant autonomy
- Full remote work environment – work from home, with flexible hours!
Be part of a life-changing team: Join us as we drive growth in one of Australia’s most rewarding sectors, and help us raise the standard of support in our communities.