Do you want a flying start to your career? Opportunity for career progression within our organisation for the right candidate! Do you enjoy problem solving and variation in work? Come join a really supportive, fun team.
If you are an occupational therapist looking to enjoy the pristine, clean, environment and air of Tasmania then we have the position for you! Based in Launceston or Hobart, one of Australia’s most liveable and thriving cities, and working with a leading not for profit organisation, Independent Living Centre, Tasmania.
This job will take you around the North and North West Coast of Tasmania including the Bass Strait islands or Hobart and the South of the state depending on your preference for job location.
We are seeking a recent or new graduate to join our team in Launceston or Hobart to primarily work within our Information Service and progress to working in the community within our Allied Health Service on a fee-for-service basis. Hours negotiable. Permanent full-time and part-time positions are available.
Independent Living Centre Tasmania (ILCT) is a unique not for profit organisation that offers a free information and advisory service and a fee for service Allied Health business. The information service is for people all over the state to learn about Assistive Technology. You will need to be energetic, being able to think on your feet and attend to people who access our phone information and advisory service as well as our mobile outreach services as needed.
You will also have the opportunity to work across a variety of referral types including the disability sector, Aged Care, Motor Accident and Insurance Board (MAIB), and private clients. ILCT will support you to develop the required skills to also work across these different areas as you gain confidence and experience further opening your career pathway within our organisation. ILCT is a registered NDIS provider. ILCT embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our staff bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality professional care to our Tasmanian community.
Independent living has 2 main offices, each is staffed with happy allied health and support staff. Hobart has a team of 4 other OT’s and Launceston has 4…. With another of our ILCT family in the north west. We also have 2 Physiotherapists within our organisation, an Allied Health Assistant based in the North and support staff.
As an added bonus this role is based in either Hobart or Launceston:
- Hobart which is one of the fastest growing cities in the world. It is a hub of food, wine and festival life and also happens to be a waterfront town with scenic mountain views. This capital city offers everything you could want in the big smoke, but without the smoke or hours of waiting in traffic and on public transport.
- Launceston, being a regional city, Launceston offers the option of an inner city, suburban or rural lifestyle all within about a 20 minute drive. Based in beautiful Northern Tasmania, you have access to 1 hour flights to Melbourne and also on your doorstep are world class wineries, short walks, mountain bike trails, heritage listed attractions, plenty of food and market options, art festivals and coastal towns to visit. Housing is very affordable and there is something to suit everyone. You won’t know what you have been missing out on until you try it!
If you work with ILCT there is no weekend work so you could explore what this island state has to offer, restaurants and markets, heritage forests and stunning white sand beaches, whatever your interests are you will find something to feed your soul.
Not only will you get to join an already amazing team, with a great work ethic, fun loving culture and that genuinely cares about the well-being of their clients you will also be offered opportunities for career progression for the right candidate as they demonstrate readiness, excel and perform well within our organisation. The team also enjoys social events and cake is also common within the workplace, not a bad way to enjoy time with your co-workers.
But seriously, in addition to all the fun stuff, there is structured career development, paid professional development and a generous salary with access to salary packaging.
If you are already in Tasmania, then be sure to enquire- you don’t know what you could be missing out on. If you are interstate then don’t let a bit of water between the mainland and Tasmania put you off, think of it as an opportunity to experience something new and the team will be able to support you with your move.
So just to reiterate these are just some of the things you can expect and enjoy:
- Flexible work/life balance
- Supportive work environment
- Attractive salary packaging – Up to $15,900 in salary packaging including $2,650 in meal and entertainment benefits.
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
- Regular clinical supervision provided.
- Opportunity for career progression.
- Supportive team with access to multidisciplinary skill sets.
- The opportunity to make a difference to the health and lives of Tasmanians!
Ideally suited to a recent or new graduate. This position requires an enthusiastic and innovative therapist to provide information, education and advice to clients, families and carers, health professionals and other service providers about daily living equipment, environmental design, assistive technology and community resources. The position is based in Hobart or Launceston. Travel to various locations in Tasmania with the Mobile Outreach Service will be required.
Hours are negotiable to allow for a work/life balance.
As a state-wide service, a driver’s licence is essential, plus you will have the opportunity to enjoy all the beautiful scenery that Tasmania has to offer. For inspiration check out https://visitnortherntasmania.com.au/
- Current registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia via AHPRA.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Computer literacy in clinical settings.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated report writing skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work autonomously but cooperatively within a small team.
- Knowledge of anti-discrimination policy and work health and safety issues and practices in the workplace.
- Understanding of person-centred service provision.
- Ability to plan and implement presentations to small groups.
- A National Police Check is required.
- Working with Vulnerable People – Children registration is required. Ability to acquire NDIS endorsement.
A sound knowledge of the range of equipment or the ability to acquire this available to assist aged people and people with disabilities, excellent communication skills, computer literacy and a license to drive a vehicle within Tasmania.
The Independent Living Centre (Tas) Inc. is a non-profit equal opportunity employer offering salary packaging and supports professional development.
If any of this slightly peaks your interest then don’t delay, pick up the phone and call Kate Frame (Allied Health Manager) on (03) 6335 9200 so she can tell you all about what you could be a part of. If email is preferred flick her your details at [email protected]
To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or be able to legally live and work in Australia. A probationary period of six (6) months applies to this role.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your application including your curriculum vitae to [email protected]. To obtain a copy of the position description please contact Kate Frame on (03) 6335 9200.
Early Career Occupational Therapists also encouraged to apply.
Applications close 5pm Monday 25th September, 2023