Mental health concerns and alcohol and drug dependency can make life really tough – and too often people find themselves grappling with economic challenges and social isolation as well. Our driving belief is that “with the right support people can change”.
We are a progressive, for purpose organisation, delivering leading edge clinical services aimed at supporting people to live their lives well. We are growing fast in Queensland and New South Wales – in size, geographic footprint, service diversity and clinical innovation.
NewAccess, a program delivered by Lives Lived Well, is an early intervention program designed to provide easily accessible, free and quality services for people with mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety. Our office located in Roma currently has an opportunity for an experienced part-time Coach to assist in the delivery of this six-week program through Low Intensity Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (LICBT).
This is a part-time, 12 month contract role with the possibility to be extended. The successful applicant can choose to work an 8 day or a 9 day fortnight.
About the Role
As a NewAcess Coach, your tasks will include:
- Facilitate the intake and assessment process in collaboration with other service providers.
- Link consumers with appropriate community networks and refer to other support services (including employment, financial or housing assistance, or more intensive therapy services).
- Adhere to an agreed activity contract relating to the overall number of client contacts offered, and sessions carried out per week, to minimise waiting times and to ensure that the service remains accessible and convenient.
If you are interested in the role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Be autonomous, driven, enthusiastic, goal-driven.
- Be social and connect with health services in the community
- Numbers driven and willing to step into new opportunities and challenges.
- Previous experience or exposure in Social Work, Psychology, Social Science, Health or a related field is highly desirable.
- Proven enthusiasm in working in the mental health industry and the ability to learn and deliver mental health intervention programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of mental health conditions and the mental health sector.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Proven engagement and communication skills, particularly by telephone.
- Current Drivers Licence and Working With Children Check (Blue Card).
What do we offer
At Lives Lived Well we want to support the wellbeing of our people.
We will provide you with:
- Additional paid wellbeing days off each year
- Salary Packaging to increase your take home pay
- Internal and external training opportunities to increase your skills
- Flexible work arrangements would be considered (i.e. nine day fortnight or four day week for the ideal candidate)
The closing date for this role will be Friday, 22th July 2022 with interviews to be scheduled soon after.
For more information about the role please contact [email protected]
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.
Confirmation of employment will be subject to candidate’s possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence, Blue Card, completed Australian Criminal History Check and evidence of Covid-19 vaccination.