- Ongoing part time position (60.8 fortnightly hours)
- $83,275 per annum pro rata + Super + Salary Packaging
- Located across Elizabeth and Salisbury
You’re welcome at RASA
Our belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything we do.
You will be joining an inclusive, supportive and welcoming culture. Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) Values are Diversity, Respect, Belonging and Learning and this is reflected in the way we work and treat each other. Our teams embrace people from a wide range of cultures, backgrounds, beliefs, sexual and gender identities. We understand that your relationships are important, so we believe in being flexible, where possible, to support you to balance your work and personal commitments.
The role of a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner is to undertake screening, risk assessment, intake procedures, group work, Family Dispute Resolution sessions and case management with parents who are separating or separated.
Who we are looking for
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Knowledge of Family and Domestic Violence and the relevant safety responses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessment and universal screening practices for Family and Domestic Violence.
- Ability to identify and apply a range of clinical dispute resolution / mediation approaches in a flexible and responsive manner.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to respond to client needs.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of people from different cultural backgrounds and to respond sensitively and appropriately to people in a variety of situations.
- A Bachelor’s degree (AQF level 7) in Social Sciences or Law.
- Either current registration with the Attorney General’s Department [AGD] as an FDRP or relevant qualifications which would enable the candidate to register as an FDRP with the AGD.
It would be a bonus if you:
- Demonstrated experience in working with complex clients.
- Demonstrated experience in Family Dispute Resolution.
- Are nationally accredited under the Mediation Standards.
What you will be doing
- Develop case plans and deliver a range of direct client interventions including provision of information, casework and family dispute resolution.
- Under general direction be able to make client referrals to other RASA programs.
- Undertake risk assessments using appropriate screening and assessment tools to identify and respond to risks.
- Contribute and deliver content for information sessions and workshops.
- Deliver Family Dispute Resolution practices that are tailored to suit individual family needs.
- Participate in the development and roll out of projects.
- Work collaboratively to establish effective referrals, improve case work strategies and participate in learning and supervision.
- Use a variety of dispute resolution / mediation models of practice to provide expert intervention for families experiencing high conflict.
For more information you can read the full Position Description.
If this role is what you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
Enquiries: Any enquiries can be addressed to Tara Liston on 08 8286 1414
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 15 September 2023
Relationships Australia South Australia is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that the services provided at RASA sites mean that our employees need to follow some specific requirements:
- A satisfactory DHS Working with Children Check
- A satisfactory National Criminal History Check
- Have had the three TGA approved and recognised COVID vaccine doses and provide the certificate. If you can’t comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances.
*How Salary Packaging can increase your take home pay
Salary packing is an entitlement granted by the Federal Government to workers in approved non-government and health organisations. Salary Packaging can increase your take home salary by creating tax free earnings. In effect, $15,899 of your wage can be paid tax free in each fringe benefit tax year. This ‘tax free’ amount is in addition to the tax-free threshold of $18,200 for income.
Follow the link to the Salary Packaging information provided by AccessPay, our chosen provider, to find out more.
Relationships Australia South Australia (RASA) is a not-for-profit, secular, community organisation, helping people to overcome difficulties and bring about positive change in their lives. We offer services for families, couples and individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. To find out more about RASA go to rasa.org.au.