North Queensland Domestic Violence Resource Service
HRT Case Manager
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Level 5 (Modern Awards)
The position – Full time
About the role
We have recently won a new Queensland Government contract to lead the High-Risk Team and Integrated Service Response to domestic and family violence for the Townsville District. Due to this we are looking to recruit to a new position of HRT Case Manager. The introduction of this new arrangement in Townsville will provide a significant opportunity to work as part of this incredibly important new team.
The position will provide case coordination of high and imminent risk to domestic and family violence cases associated with the High-Risk Team (HRT). This will include direct support to HRT clients, providing immediate assistance, risk assessment, safety intervention and planning as well as urgent referrals and ongoing support.
The role works collaboratively with team members, HRT core members and other organisations to increase DFV understanding and accountability to build a consistent and timely response to DFV across the Townsville Region.
The successful candidate will demonstrate they are able to meet the following Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, or human services (or 5 years’ experience in a similar field will be considered).
- Demonstrated experience and comprehensive knowledge of Domestic and Family Violence, including the principles of trauma-informed practice, crisis intervention, case management, application of appropriate risk assessment and response and understanding of high-risk indicators and protective factors.
- Thorough understanding and experience working with current legislation (Domestic and Family Violence Act 2012, Child Protection Act 1999), Common Risk Assessment Framework and DFV Information Sharing Guidelines.
- Able to bring knowledge of intersectionality and diversity to develop and maintain respectful relationships with clients and across the service system and community.
- Proficient at building and fostering respectful relationships and partnership, sharing knowledge, and delivering training to build the capacity of the sector.
- Provides information about the organisation and the service system in a way that is sensitive, simple, clear, transparent, and appropriate in language and level of information.
- Highly organised, able to plan, prioritise, be flexible, and manage competing tasks, with a positive, can-do, and resourceful approach.
- Emotionally intelligent and aware, with a keen sense of critical self-reflection, able to keep a sense of perspective about the stories heard and remain connected as part of a resilient approach.
- Highly competent with technology e.g., Microsoft suite of programs, and the ability to work within various databases.
- Travel may be a requirement of this position; therefore, it is a requirement that the applicant hold a current “C” Class Drivers licence which must remain current during the term of employment.
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) which must remain current during the term of employment.
- Australia: National Police Check Clearance – at organisation expense.
We are a local charity delivering high quality specialist domestic violence services in the Townsville Region. As an expanding service, and having recently moved to new premises, this really is an exciting time to take up a role that will truly make a difference in our local communities.
NQDVRS will offer you:
- Generous Salary Sacrifice options.
- Christmas leave granted in addition to 4 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% annual leave loading.
- An RDO each month.
- Flexible working hours.
- Commitment to staff wellbeing and professional development through supervision, Employee Assistance Program and training opportunities.
How to apply
Please email: [email protected] the following –
- Cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria.
- 2 x professional references (one must be your current or most recent manager).
- Proof of education, qualifications/or experience.
Applications close: 8:30am Monday 21st August 2023.
Applications that do not address each Key Selection Criteria or are received after the closing date will not be considered for interview.
Under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be female so applications from female candidates are encouraged. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are always encouraged to apply.
NQDVRS acknowledge the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Owners of this country throughout Australia and their connection to land, sea, and community. We pay our respect to them, their culture and to the Elders past, present, and emerging. We particularly acknowledge Wulgurukaba of Gurambilbarra and Yunbenun, Bindal, Gugu Badhun and Nywaigi people in the Townsville areas and for our Mt Isa Service location the Kalkadoon and Mitakoodi people on whose land NQDVRS delivers its services.