Senior/ Occupational Therapists
Perth Metro (All Areas)
We are looking for Occupational Therapists to join various positions available within our Perth Metro team. Our ‘work from anywhere’ flexibility enables our team to work with clients at home, school, their workplace – anywhere they live their life – or at any one of our hubs located across the metropolitan area.
We work with you to tailor your caseload towards your areas of interest. We take the time to understand your professional goals and areas of interest offering you opportunity to learn ensuring that your skills are well rounded. These are community-based roles delivering interventions where the clients live their lives in family homes, schools and other appropriate local contexts and environments. You will work closely with a dedicated and supportive team of therapists, providing person centred and evidence-based support to our clients.
SensesWA celebrates over 127 years of providing world class disability services to the Western Australian community. Every day, we help children and adults with a wide range of disabilities reach their full potential. SensesWA has a long-standing history as a leader in the provision of flexible work arrangements in the local disability sector. Balancing family and a rewarding career is possible at SensesWA!
We encourage you to apply if you are:
- An experienced practitioner who believes that they could bring some expertise to support clients in this sector and support the leadership team in providing direction and leadership, based on expert clinical knowledge and experience.
- New to disability and are interested in being supported, coached and mentored in your clinical area. Our Sensational Start program equips therapists new to working with people with disability with the knowledge and skills required to work confidently in this exciting field.
What you will bring to the role:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy and registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Passion to coach and mentor colleagues as well as work collaboratively with clients in the disability sector as a Senior Occupational therapist OR a passion to work in the disability sector as a young professional.
- Understanding of assessment of occupation and activities of daily living including self-care and independence, play, movement, school / work participation, social relationships and environmental access.
- Understanding of planning, evaluation and delivery of intervention strategies for people with complex disability needs, together with their family and caregivers, most often in a natural environment community setting.
- Effective time management, caseload management and problems-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, be solutions focused, resolve conflict and work collaboratively within a team.
- Comprehensive understanding of and commitment to the Professional Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct and the National Standards for Disability Services.
What we offer:
- A fun, caring and motivating place to work with supportive, passionate, and friendly colleagues.
- Leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving goals through challenging and rewarding work, with support to develop both personally and professionally.
- A strong focus on professional development and career progression.
- Support the delivery of our comprehensive ‘Sensational Start’ program that equips therapists to work confidently in the disability sector.
- Flexible working conditions that work for you, including working from home.
- Effective supervision and support in all aspects of clinical and professional life.
- A competitive salary that reflects your skills and experience.
- Up to $15,900 + $2650 per annum tax-free salary packaging.
- Up to 8 weeks purchased leave (pro-rata).
- 5 days and $500 professional development per annum (pro-rata).
- Up to 5 hours/ week study leave towards a higher qualification (pro-rata).
- 2 days wellness leave per annum.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Free on-site parking.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family.
- Company car use or mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply:
Click Apply Now and upload your CV and cover letter.
Your cover letter (no more than 2 pages) should specifically address your skills and experience outlined in the “What you will bring to the role” section above.
Applications close at 9 am on Monday 11th September 2023.
For further information about the application process, please contact our recruitment team on [email protected]
SensesWA welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability, refugee status and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
SensesWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity.