Online Education Services (OES) is an education provider that partners with universities to provide purposefully designed and highly engaging online programs. This position will be working within OES in association with Queensland University of Technology Online.
QUT Online delivers world-class learning though degrees specifically designed for the online student. Each degree is tailored to provide opportunities for students who are often unable to undertake university studies on campus.
At QUT Online, the student is at the forefront of everything we do. This role is an opportunity to support and guide our students through their learning journey. Our Online Learning Advisers (OLAs) are the subject matter experts who facilitate the student’s learning, with a focus on helping them achieve their goals.
What You Will Do
Our OLAs are responsible for the following:
- Providing an exceptional student experience through the delivery of academic content developed by our partner academics and our learning design team
- Facilitating learning activities that engage and support student learning
- Undertaking assessment tasks (including moderation, marking, and feedback) as well as processing and submitting results according to set timelines
Online Learning Advisers are not required to establish curriculum, design learning activities, schedule learning and teaching, set assessments or develop marking schemes.
What We Can Offer You
- 100% remote work with flexible hours to fit around your other commitments.
- Paid 3-week online facilitation training course that will provide you with best practice strategies to engage and support online students. (You will need to ensure you are available for approx 21 hours of online training across this time period).
- The ability to use your discipline expertise to help others achieve their goals
- The opportunity to develop your online teaching skills within a forward thinking innovative organisation
- A supportive and connected team to grow and develop within
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for OLAs to teach units within our Gerontology discipline.
You must have experience in quality improvement and/or project experience in initiatives related to aged care – please highlight this in your application.
- You will hold a minimum of Masters level qualification in Gerontology or Aged Care.
- AHPRA registered clinician (with current financial registration)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- High level of spoken and written English.
- You are motivated by student success and passionate about online learning
- You are a passionate and clear communicator
- You have strong presentation skills and the ability to maintain an engaging and positive online presence
- You are proactive and organised
- You thrive in a remote working environment
Now is your chance to join a highly engaged workforce and make a positive impact on the experience of our students!
If you’re interested, please apply now with a CV and cover letter explaining how you match up with the role requirements above and why you want to work as an OLA with QUT Online.