We are looking for our next superstar Speech Therapist.
NEW GRADS welcome!
Office location: Hervey Bay and/or Grafton CBD
In this role, you will work in our multi-disciplinary team supporting child participants in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Spectrum Village is a professional, supportive and friendly multi-disciplinary team who offer supports with offices in NSW and QLD. We provide diagnostic and therapeutic treatment to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, aged 0-18.
If you want to join a supportive, multi-disciplinary team at a privately owned clinic, we can offer you:
– Diversity in your role
– New skills
– Flexible Full or Part-time employment
– Generously Above award wage
– a whole lot of laughs and there is no shortage of cakes, cookies, or chocolates in the lunchroom
Why join us?
- Great facilities – work in a new therapy room in a lovely and fun therapy environment with modern technology
- Full support – A supportive, multi-disciplinary team-based workplace where you will receive complete practice management, including administrative support, and appointment and billing maintenance.
- Supervision available – Permanent 1:1 weekly supervision sessions with your supervisor + team meetings
- Upskilling – $$$$$ offered for your Continuing Professional Development opportunities and Training
In This Position You Will provide:
- Assessment and intervention for children from 0 to 18 years old.
- Conduct a variety of assessments and planning for evidence-based interventions
- Develop Individual Plans to support children to develop specific goals Which includes: anticipated goals, expected outcomes, specific interventions, duration & frequency of the interventions required.
- Supervise and mentor therapy assistants
- Coupled with assisting the individual needs of each child, families will receive regular training and tools to achieve therapy goals in the home and community
- Develop and lead group programs for parents and support staff when required
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a therapist, you will be supporting the delivery of individual therapy programs to individuals and their families.
- You will work using a Person-Centered Practice to empower individuals and their families.
- Provide intervention, information, support materials and services to enhance families’ overall capacity
- Liaise with AH team to ensure the achievement of Individual Client goals
- Maintain accurate and updated client files to meet audit and notes guidelines
The person we are seeking will:
- Be caring, warm, fun and enthusiastic.
- Be a quick learner and excited to learn new skills.
- Will have initiative and will always be looking at what can be done next.
- Be confident in themselves and their therapy skills.
- Love working in a team.
- Have an interest in working with children with autism spectrum disorder.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary professional team.
- Full or part-time work with a flexible working schedule for an awesome work/life balance!!
- Excellent salary package $90 to $112 K + super, per annum
- Bonus $5,000 per annum CPD/supervision
- Loads of variety in your week
- Friendly team and manager to support you
- Work with animal-assisted therapy dogs
- Work in a modern designed, child-focused=fun clinic
- Regular professional development opportunities + career progression opportunities
- Ongoing mentoring and supervision
- Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology or Occupational Therapy
- AHPRA or SPA OTA Membership.
- Access to own transport with a current driver’s license.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with families, educators and other professionals in the delivery of services- particularly with children on the Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ability to build rapport with clients and families.
- Appropriate certification, or ability to gain (blue card, yellow card) for provision of Disability Services and/or services to children and young people.
For a confidential discussion contact the Director at Spectrum Village;
P: 07 41125 5493
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality