- Provision of intensive parenting support through individual counselling and education
- Delivering parenting education programs and one on one parenting support in custodial based settings
- Increasing life skills;
- Ensuring parents and families have strengths in protective behaviours;
- Enhancing emotional, and social development for parents and children;
- Enhancing parents understanding of child development;
- Linking children and their families to community support;
- Promotion of good parenting techniques and resilience; and
- Fostering healthy family relationships.
- Recognised tertiary level qualifications in Social Work, Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol, Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences, or related disciplines.
- Experience delivering parenting programs or services.
- Experience in both group facilitation and provision of one-to-one supports.
- Ability to communicate effectively and support a range of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, in particular Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Demonstrated ability to be part of a team, contributing towards quality service delivery and positive client outcomes.
- Ability to obtain a National Criminal History Record Check and Integrity Check.
- Possession of a current ‘C’ class driver’s license and vehicle.
- National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
- Four weeks Annual Leave inclusive of a 17.5% leave loading (pro rata)
- One week of additional paid leave (pro rata)
- Enter into a purchased leave arrangement salary sacrifice 20% of your annual salary for four years and have the fifth year off fully paid.
- Twelve weeks paid Maternity Leave.
- Access to corporate health cover provided for by Bupa or Medibank Corporate.
- Access professional development training.
- Study Leave of five hours per week after two years of service.
- Insurance cover to and from work.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Shortlisting will commence straightaway, Centrecare reserves the right to close the position early if needed.
Should you have any queries please contact Human Resources on (08) 9288 2244 for a confidential discussion.
Centrecare believes that all children are valuable and worthy of respect. It strongly supports the rights of the child and is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children who are in contact with or receive its services.