Promote Parenting Connection WA in the Southwest community, supporting parents to improve the wellbeing and development of their children
- Join a values driven, family friendly organisation
- Receive generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Part time (37.5 hours per fortnight) opportunity based in Bunbury
Anglicare WA is a highly regarded not for profit organisation, delivering a diverse range of community services throughout Western Australia. With over 700 staff and 200 volunteers, we are passionate about having a real and sustainable impact in the Western Australian community and to do this we need talented and engaged people who share our drive to achieve positive outcomes.
About the role
Parent Connection WA (PCWA) is a state wide partnership between Ngala and Anglicare WA that gives parents and caregivers of children aged 0 – 18 years the support they need to improve the wellbeing and development of their children, for free.
In this role, you will represent and promote PCWA at Southwest community events, networking meetings and festivals as required. Working in partnership with key stakeholders,you will support service delivery of PCWA by developing and producing promotional and educational materials for courses and events. You will also provide an initial point of contact for parents, including provision of information and referral to relevant workshops and services. Other responsibilities include responding to telephone and web-based queries, having oversight of bookings, events, and workshops, as well as maintaining the database of regional services.
This opportunity is a part time (37.5 hours per fortnight), maximum term position until 30 June 2024. The role is based in Bunbury, with hybrid working available and flexibility around the days of work. The role requires a willingness to travel to towns in the southwest region to network and promote Parenting Connection WA.
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant training/qualifications such as Certificate or Diploma level in Community Services, Early Childhood, Human Services, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in a community based setting and in particular working with parents, families and children
- Ability to work collaboratively, including networking and relationship building
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous administration experience and excellent organisational skills
The successful candidate must possess a current National Police Clearance valid within one year, a WA Drivers Licence and a WA Working with Children Check.
Why join us?
At Anglicare WA we are all about people, placing people at the heart of our work. We are focused on strengths, believing in and amplifying the strength of people and communities. We are fiercely inclusive, making sure everyone can belong. As trusted partners we are curious and creative, always looking for new ways to do better. We are courageous and gutsy, tackling difficult issues, even when it’s hard.
But don’t take our word for it! Here is what our people think:
- “Anglicare WA has a culture which celebrates people, the communities we work for and works in innovative ways with leadership who are connected with the work, everyone feels comfortable to be their unique selves here.”
- “Anglicare WA is really great at living and breathing our values everyday across the organisation, celebrating the diversity within our workforce, doing things differently, constantly trying to break down barriers for clients and families, making new employees feel welcome, great communication!”
Impact and benefits
Sharing your knowledge skills and experience, you will make an impact to the lives of families and communities across the state. In return for your drive and commitment, we provide the support of an inclusive and welcoming community which places people at the heart of all the work we do.
- $70,196 – $75,259 per annm pro rata + 11% super
- In addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum and not pay tax on that amount
- Additional 3 days (pro-rata) leave per year
To be considered, applications must include a current detailed resume and covering letter which outlines your suitability for this position. To apply, please click on the apply button and follow the prompts.
Applications close Monday 21 August 2022 at 9am.
If the opportunity excites you to develop your career in an organisation whose values align with yours then we want to hear from you. To apply, please click on the apply button and follow the prompts attaching a current detailed resume and covering letter.
Suitable candidates will be shortlisted as they present themselves – don’t delay applying!
Child Safe: Anglicare WA is committed to providing safe environments where children and young people feel valued, respected and are protected from abuse and harm.
Inclusive: We actively promote a working environment that values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQ+ and people with a disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Voice to Parliament: Anglicare WA is commited to walking alongside First Nations people and support the establishement of a Voice to Parliament, enshrined in the Constitition.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.