We are looking for a special kind of person – a St Vincent’s kind of person.
Someone who puts compassion, connection and caring for other people at the heart of everything they do.
As the Pastoral Care Practitioner, you will
- Ensure residents, their family members and staff receive the benefits of pastoral and spiritual support as a part of the holistic care offered by St Vincent’s Care Services.
- Ensure the Mission of St Vincent’s Care Services is upheld while facilitating a person centered culture of care.
This permanent part-time role will see the Pastoral Care Practitioner support our Mission team, staff, residents and their families at St Vincent’s Care, Yennora.
We are looking for compassionate, spiritual and professional persons to respond effectively to the diverse emotional, spiritual and religious needs of our residents, and their families. Applicants must have a sound understanding of our Mission and a genuine commitment to the service of the aged, vulnerable and poor.
What’s on your CV is important, but what’s in your heart matters more.
Because at St Vincent’s, kindness works for us.
Things that work for us:
- Attainment or progress towards a Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) qualification and/ or studies in Theology/Religious Education, Counselling/Psychology
- Relevant experience in a similar pastoral or counselling capacity (highly regarded)
- Unrestricted Driver’s License
- Competent technology and computer skills
- Engaged in a faith community
- Ability to build rapport, trust, empathy, or strong relationships
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Respect and sensitivity in ministry to persons of various religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, Life Philosophies and Faith Traditions
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Aged Care and resident rights and responsibilities
- Vaccinated (and maintain up-to-date vaccinations) against Influenza and Covid-19
- Current National Police Certificate
- NDIS Worker Screening Check may be a requirement of this role
Things that work for you:
- Competitive salary packaging options up to $15,990, Novated leasing, plus an optional Meals and Entertainment card up to $2,650 per annum
- Opportunity to work for the nation’s largest Catholic not-for-profit health and aged care provider, with a rapidly growing and progressive vision
- Friendly team environment with a great community care spirit
- Ability to visibly see your impact on the business and its service
- No cost uniforms and training
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program for staff and their families
- Access to the Fitness Passport (FP)
Why become part of the St Vincent’s Care family?
Because you’re like us, you believe that every act of kindness makes the world a better place. Better for everyone who lives in the 20+ facilities and locations we operate in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Better for all our staff and employees, who work tirelessly to provide the highest levels of care and quality of life for our clients. And better support for the local communities we play an important role in and continue to support.
For more than 175 years, St Vincent’s Care Services (SVCS) has been a leading Catholic provider of Aged Care Services in Australia and the legacy of compassion, justice, integrity and excellence entrusted to us by the Sisters of Charity and their Founder Mary Aitkenhead continues to inspire our work today.
Our spiritual and hospital-based heritage has taught us that wellness is about more than medical needs. It’s about building a true partnership around trust and respect. That’s why we take a person-centred approach – delivering holistic, individual care that achieves wellbeing for mind, body and spirit.
At St Vincent’s we value inclusivity and diversity and acknowledge the important of creating a work environment that is welcome, safe, fair and impartial and invite people from all backgrounds to join our caring family.
Reconciliation Action Plan
As part of our Commitment to Reconciliation and Closing the Gap in employment related outcomes, we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. For further information, visit http://www.svha.org.au/about-us/reconciliation or get in contact at [email protected]
No agencies please.