- Permanent Full-Time role based in Bankstown
- Make a difference by joining our collective impact initiative
- Be part of a strong and caring community that values personal well-being and one another
- Work for a top NFP provider with a strong 75-year history of providing care
- Competitive base rate + penalties + salary packaging with NFP tax-free component
- Genuine flexible and friendly workplace, with opportunity for hybrid work approach
- Access to in-house learning and development programs to assist your career growth
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
About the role
At BaptistCare HopeStreet, we seek to transform the lives of people in our communities who are living with disadvantage or experiencing great personal trials.
Delivering support services that are person-centred and tailored to meet local needs, our approach at HopeStreet is deeply rooted in our People First philosophy. We respect and care for each person as a valued individual, placing their health and wellbeing above all else.
The Pathways Team Leader provides team leadership, supporting the team to provide integrated, holistic wrap around support, to work alongside vulnerable/marginalized communities. The role includes Hub oversight of a multidisciplinary team, including students, and volunteers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree or Diploma in Community Services, Counselling, Social Work, or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years working in a Counselling &/or community-based Case Worker role
- Mental Health First Aid accreditation, Trauma Informed Care training (or willingness to participate in training)
- Child Protection training / knowledge / experience
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
- Ability to work within an integrated approach that is person centred and includes strengths base, narrative
- Experience working with and understanding the issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander First peoples
- Experience working with women from CALD backgrounds (sex workers, DV, LGBT+ communities) or individuals who may be experiencing complex concerns
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
BaptistCare support thousands of people across 90 locations in NSW and the ACT. From humble beginnings in 1944, BaptistCare has grown into one of the nation’s most respected care and community services providers.
We are a faith based, not for profit organisation that cares for families, communities and individuals. You may know us for our aged care services – we also give to the community through community service programs including domestic violence prevention initiatives non interest loans to those in need.
We love what we do and the communities we help. With us you can deliver life transforming care, create a career you’ll love, and join a team who make a difference.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click ‘’Apply’’ and attach your CV and a Cover Letter.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Successful applications will be subject to a police background and working with children checks.
BaptistCare – Transforming lives by expressing the love of Christ.