We are holding an info session for this role on 20th September at 5:30 PM – if you want to know more about this role and attend, please email [email protected] or register for the info session at:
Aspire Recovery Connection is a for-purpose organization, delivering mental health services in the community. We are an authentic lived experience team providing recovery-oriented outreach support for people living with significant mental and emotional distress. Social justice, human rights, and compassion centered support is at the core of our business. Our team is supported and valued with regular career development and led by lived experience leaders who are here to make a real difference.
As a member of our Peer Mentor team you will support and engage with the community whom we serve, provide authentic peer connection and ensure our services are of the highest standards.
Qualifications & experience
- Australian driver’s license, reliable car and insurance
- DHS/NDIS screening clearance
- Experience in peer support mental health services
- Minimum qualification required is Certificate III in Community Services
Tasks & responsibilities
- Offer humility, compassion and connection to build trust and rapport
- Support people to activate their choice and control and connect with NDIS services to support their wellbeing
- Contribute ideas towards continuous quality improvement and innovation
- Work from a lived experience, human rights and compassion centered framework to support people on their recovery journey.
- Help people to uphold their human rights and navigate the mental health system towards recovery
- Work with family members and other supports in your people’s best interest
- Supportive environment that offers warmth, connection and emotional safety
- 100% Lived Experience organisation
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular team building
- Values that are upheld with everything we do
Submit your CV along with a cover letting describing how you will draw on your own lived experience of mental and emotional distress and journey of recovery to support others.