We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We’re here to Stride.
About the Service:
LikeMind is an innovative mental health service funded by Ministry of Health, providing a one stop hub and support for people aged 18 to 65 years currently experiencing or having experienced mental health issues.
- Based in Orange
- Part-time (0.8FTE) & Fixed-term (16 month contract)
- Paying on SCHADs level 3 plus Super
- Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!)
- Meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness)
- Paid parental leave
- Excellent training and career development
- Reflective practice supervision
- Supportive team environment
- One paid wellbeing leave day per year
- Purchase up to 5 additional leave days in a 12 month period (pro rata entitlement if part-time)
- Assist families and carers of people living with a mental illness to achieve purposeful coping in their care of them and enhance well being in all aspects of their lives.
- Assist and educate families and carers in order to facilitate better access to appropriate services.
- Provide emotional support, guidance and individual one on one coaching/counselling upon identifying the support needs of each individual carer or carer family.
- Provide advocacy or support self-advocacy for carers where appropriate.
- Plan, promote, facilitate and evaluate the delivery of the mental health education and other relevant programs.
- Respectfully, effectively and efficiently respond to issues raised by clients, their advocates or family members.
- Identify, develop and maintain links with relevant service providers, carers and consumer groups.
- Minimum qualification of a Cert IV in Mental Health or related discipline
- Previous experience as a Support Worker, or related role
- A lived experience of mental health challenges and recovery
- In-depth understanding of issues pertaining to mental illness/or disabilities and their impact on individuals, families and communities.
- Background knowledge and understanding of drugs, alcohol and illicit drug use impacting upon the health of individuals and families
- Experience in group facilitation
- The ability to work autonomously, under supervision and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated effective listening, empathy and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as the ability to work to time frames, meet deadlines, and work in challenging situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with families, carers, government agencies and community services
- Willingness to abide by the Disability Services Acts and Standards and Work Health & Safety Act
- Competence with Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible to apply/currently hold a WWCC
- Must hold/be willing to apply for NDIS worker screening clearance
- Current Driver’s license
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all positions and is in accordance with Stride policy. As part of the recruitment process Stride requests evidence of vaccination status (in accordance with privacy principles) to ensure compliance with this policy requirement.
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds in order to enhance the depth of cultural diversity and insight within our workforce.
This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt with a final closing date of 04 September 2023.
For queries email [email protected].