- Draw on your lived experience of recovery from mental illness to inspire others
- Generous salary packaging options including meal and entertainment benefits
- Brand new office to be ready in December 2023
Grand Pacific Health is a not-for-profit, primary health care organisation. We’re here to provide our local communities in NSW and the ACT with equitable, inclusive and integrated health care including physical health and mental health care services. We currently employ 340 people, provide services from 25 locations and are continuing to grow.
About the position
Head to Health provides a safe and welcoming place for adults who may be in distress or need help finding the right mental health service. The service takes a holistic and collaborative approach to care with a focus on a broad range of social, physical and emotional needs. The service is staffed by a multidisciplinary mental health team who provide immediate, short to medium-term support and service navigation. While the Peer Worker is the primary support person, they will work collaboratively alongside partnered clinicians.
Peer Workers support participants in Shellharbour Head to Health by acting as a coach and mentor, attending appointments with participants, share and discuss common experiences to develop trust and rapport and be a point of contact and support for the consumer.
This position will initially be based from our Wollongong hub until our new Shellharbour office opens in December 2023.
This opportunity is part-time (30 hours per week) to 30 June 2025 with possibility of extension. Hours and days are negotiable.
Why join GPH?
- Flexible work arrangements to find your best work life balance
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Regular supervision and support
- Generous salary packaging options – increase your take home pay
- We make a positive difference to the lives of those we support!
What you’ll need
We are looking for someone with:
- Direct lived experience of life changing mental health challenges, mental health service use, as well as periods of healing and personal recovery.
- Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work (or commencement or a willingness to work towards qualification within first year)
- Comprehensive understanding of the recovery process and ability to communicate about personal lived experience of recovery.
- Capacity to appropriately share ones own experience, establish relationships and boundaries and communicate effectively with people accessing the service and their families.
- Ability to manage your own wellness including the identification of strategies for staying well whilst working
Visit our website www.gph.org.au/employment to download Position Description and our Employee Benefits Information and click the ‘apply’ button to submit your application.
For more information please contact: Malcolm Picken, Shellharbour Head to Health Service Manager at [email protected] or phone 0439 649 228.
Applications close: 12 September 2023
*Please note that short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience of mental health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from the LGBTQI community, multicultural communities and people with a disability.
Selected applicants will be asked to provide evidence of compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination.