- Duration: 30 June 2025, 1.0 FTE
- First Nations People, LGBTIQA+ people, people with
disability, people of colour, public housing residents or people with a lived
experience are encouraged to apply.
- DSS is committed to child safety and strictly adheres to the
Reportable Conduct Scheme for organisations. The safeguarding and wellbeing of
our clients is our core focus. All staff must undergo thorough recruitment
process including screening and providing evidence of current Working With
Children Check and National Police Check.
ABOUT DRUMMOND STREET SERVICES
Drummond Street Services is a not-for-profit, independent
agency that has over 130 years in the development and delivery of innovative
services that strengthen families and communities with a strong focus on
evidence-based/informed practice and across the prevention, early intervention,
treatment and recovery spectrum of universal and targeted support.
YOUR ROLE AS PERI NATAL CLINICAL LEAD/SENIOR COUNSELLOR
- This is a 2 year contracted position with Ready Steady
Family, a program providing free mental health and support services to those
expecting a baby and with infants up to 2 years of age. Drummond Street
Services is seeking a Senior Clinician with a specialty in perinatal mental
health to join their Ready Steady Family Team on a full-time contract
basis (5 days per week) until the end of June 2025.
- The role will be based in the Carlton/Collingwood area and
involve working in the North and West of Melbourne with clients, at times in an
- Reporting to the Ready Steady Family Program Manager, the
role will see you support and collaborate with a passionate multi-disciplinary team
to ensure delivery of high quality counselling interventions and provision of
clinical supervision to other counsellors and some parent coaches on the team.
- The Family Intake Worker provides high quality assessment, screening
and development of whole of family action plans. You will contribute to
allocations and mentor those providing the clients with interventions as well
as having some clients yourself.
- You will also contribute to the development and facilitation
of group programs.
Drummond Street Services is welcoming applications from dedicated
individuals who are looking to become part of a team committed to social
justice for LGBTIQA+ families, people with disability, First Nations People and
Culturally Diverse Communities. You will be driven to promote positive change
and always provide the highest level of service while modelling positive
The following will be essential in these positions:
- Full registration in Mental Health Social Work or Psychology
or similar degree
- Minimum four years’ experience in providing psychological
interventions to families and individuals in the antenatal and post-natal
- Experience working within the mental health service system
and knowledge of infant mental health, family violence, trauma issues and
- Experience in supervising staff and contributing positively
to a leadership team
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team and
contribute actively to the viability and functions of a busy community services
- Demonstrated capacity to provide face to face, outreach, telephone
and online video-based counselling and clinical supervision of staff
- A genuine interest and commitment to working from a social
justice framework in response to intersectional experiences, including cultural
diversity, First Nations People, LGBTIQA+ people, and people with disability.
- Applications close Sunday 27th August, 2023
- All applications will be directed to our careers
portal – Peri-Natal Clinical Lead
- All applicants must provide a resume and a cover letter that
addresses all the following questions for their application to be considered.
Applicants should try to keep their responses to not more than about 250 words
- Elaborate on your experience in the peri natal space and as
a practice lead/ supervisor
- Outline your experience in working with individuals, couples
and families with complex needs such as family violence, drug and alcohol,
suicide ideation and mental health issues.
- What does a social justice approach mean to you?
review the PD please visit the careers page on our website