Psychologists / Endorsed Psychologists – Child and Perinatal
Learn perinatal psychology with us!
We are big on team culture and we support opportunities for growth and development.
At Three Little Birds Perinatal Psychology, we are committed to being the “go to” clinic on Brisbane’s Southside for new and expecting parents. Join our existing team of 9 clinicians coming from diverse backgrounds (Health Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, Ed & Dev Psychology), as well as our multidisciplinary model of outreach support.
The clinical work we provide is:
SYSTEMIC, NURTURING, HOPE FILLED and TRAUMA INFORMED
And we value:
FLEXIBILITY, COMMUNITY, LEARNING, and FUN
If you like the sound of that, we would love to meet you!
Our team offers mentoring and upskilling opportunities in perinatal mental health, and a role on our team means you can make use of our professional development opportunities (Seeds of Sunshine series of child & youth training, Full Circle introduction to perinatal training). Anyone with existing clinical experience, and an interest but no experience in the child/youth or the perinatal area can expect a serious jump in their knowledge and practice skills after coming on board with us.
Due to our expansion, we eagerly welcome entry-level right up to senior roles available. We can accommodate the right therapist at any point in their training, though you must minimally have at least two years experience in mental health counselling. Eligibility for medicare rebating is preferred.
Of course if you already have experience with child and family intervention / developmental psychology / infant mental health we will have trouble containing our excitement! You can expect generous pay conditions commensurate with your contribution to our service, as a potential Senior Clinician. And you know we’re serious about that because we wrote it in bold letters.
Provisional psychologists are welcome to apply as part of our internship program, only if you are in your second year of training (due to gain full registration in 2024).
Our clinicians are offered:
- The option of contracting or employed position – though this may vary according to the demands of the role
- A fair and manageable caseload, with time set aside for paperwork, supervision, and session preparation
- Flexible hours and settings – across Red Hill, our new Morningside location, as well as telehealth work from home, and home visiting (newborns)
- Opportunities to diversify your work, such as paid contract work as a trainer, supervisor, and program developer
- A remuneration package commensurate with your experience and skill, with our employees paid well above the award rate and contractors earning between $97,000 and $150,000 FTE per annum.
- An amazing team environment, truly gob-smacking interiors, team events, endless cups of tea, and excellent admin support
You should apply if:
- You are able to offer a minimum of two shifts per week. Availability during afternoon/evenings and weekends is also desirable.
- You are eligible for medicare rebating (hold a general Psychology registration, Psychology endorsement, or Social Work / Occupational Therapy mental health accreditation).
- You have a drive and eagerness to work with families and/or perinatal clients.
- You are creative, with a propensity to think outside the box.
We’ve just “popped the kettle on” in anticipation of meeting you. You might want to check out our website www.threelittlebirdsperinatal.com and explore around Pop! Psychology Inc at www.littleshopofpop.com
Please provide a cover letter and CV to [email protected], which includes:
- Your availability and preferred role
- A description of why you think you will be a good cultural fit for our service