- Enhance your career at one of Victoria’s leading mental health services
- Great work/life balance with no night shifts and business working hours
- Permanent Full time – 80 hrs per fortnight
About Our Facility
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) is responsible for delivery of specialist evidence based mental health assessments and treatments to women in the perinatal period, infants, children and young people up to 16 years. Specialist clinics are provided for perinatal, infant mental health and autism spectrum disorders. The service also provides specialist training and consultation to other child and family services.
About the Role
The successful applicant will be working in the perinatal and infant mental health clinic as a specialist perinatal mental health clinician.
You will work within the multidisciplinary CAMHS team providing psychosocial assessment, treatment and consultation to women, their infants and their families during the perinatal period. You will also complete duty work for the broader CAMHS team.
- Providing psychosocial and psychiatric assessment for women in the post-natal period and their infant.
- Engaging and working with the consumer’s family in both the assessment and treatment process as informed collaborators in the management of the consumer during their episode of care
- Working alongside agencies involved in the family’s care, providing consultation where required
About the culture
Barwon Health is a values driven organisation and you will thrive working in a culture that values respect, compassion, commitment, accountability and innovation.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled, professional, friendly and dedicated team who takes pride in providing high quality service. Barwon Health provides a supportive environment that encourages professional growth and education in this specialist area.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne! Derived from the local Wadawurrung name for the region; Djillong, (Geelong) and means “Tongue of Land”.
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
- To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
At Barwon Health, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health, we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles. We are strongly committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on the Victorian Government’s Child Safe Standards: About Child Safe Standards | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au)
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, Please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid -19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.