Ikon is a private Institute of Higher Education focused on Art Therapy, Early Childhood Education, Counselling, and Psychotherapy. Our purpose is to propel individuals towards life-altering futures. We do this by fostering curiosity and self-development through meaningful learning experiences.
Ikon operates nationally with campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide, as well as Distance Education. It currently has around 600 domestic and international students across its 3 Bachelor programs.
Ikon is part of the ASX-listed EDU Holding Limited Group. Learn more about Ikon here: https://ikon.edu.au/about/.
About the role
The Placement Advisor manages and administers student placements, facilitates a positive placement experience for the students and maintains a solid ongoing relationship with host organisations.
A substantial part of this role will be to grow and maintain the network of host organisations. This role is the key contact point for students, industry partners and staff requiring advice about student placements.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience engaging with a broad range of people, in person, over the phone, and over email. The candidate must have outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate workflow and prioritise work activities effectively while keeping a high degree of engagement with the host organisations.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor qualification or higher in an area related to the role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively work within a team towards achieving high-quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively with various people at varying levels, internal and external to an organisation.
Why work with Ikon?
- Work-life balance
- Training and development opportunities
- A positive culture and fun team
- Paid birthday leave
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and from people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to [email protected]
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application