$82,306 p/a + superannuation + salary sacrifice
Full-time – Fixed-term position
About the role:
We are currently seeking a full-time Placement Support Worker to join our Foster Care team in Rockhampton. Our Placement Support Worker will be responsible for prompt and appropriate placement of children requiring care as referred by Child Safety Services.
What will a typical day look like?
- Engage with carers to support children in all aspects of life both in the home and wider community.
- Utilise observational and evaluation skills to contribute to the assessment of a child, young person and carer’s needs.
- Work collaboratively with Child Safety Services, community agencies and elders to establish and maintain sound working relationships
- Identify carer training and developmental needs.
- Provide on-call services through the roster with other staff.
- Complete the renewal of carer approvals, ensuring that all licensing requirements and standards of care are met.
Who we are:
For almost 40 years, our truly local team of professionals have worked with people from a variety of backgrounds and beliefs to support them in living their best life. AnglicareCQ is a not-for-profit, purpose-driven organisation – and we give effect to that purpose through our staff. We endeavour to make the most ordinary things extraordinary – simply by doing them with the right people.
AnglicareCQ offers a diverse scope of interdependent and inter-related career paths which enables staff mobility and growth. Careers with AnglicareCQ are from a wide range of disciplines including leadership, community services, child protection, housing, and support services. We serve communities in and around Rockhampton, the Capricorn Coast, Gladstone, Biloela, Moura, Blackwater, Emerald, Barcaldine, and Longreach.
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social or Behavioural Sciences, Social Work or Psychology (or related discipline) is highly desirable or Cert IV Community Services (Child Protection) with significant experience in a similar field.
- Ability to obtain a Blue Card (working with children check, positive notice or exemption)
- Ability to obtain a Yellow Card (disability services positive notice or exemption notice)
What you will bring to the role:
- A passion and genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of Central Queenslanders.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- The ability to identify and embed solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working within a high-performance framework where you are accountable for KPIs on program delivery and outcomes, within a face-paced solutions focussed environment.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- A strong communicator, able to quickly build rapport and influence across a diverse range of people.
What we offer:
- Attractive salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program (Acacia)
- Career development and lifestyle benefits
- A culture that celebrates achievement through recognition and reward
- A purpose-driven environment with some fun along the way
- Supportive management and team
For more information please contact: