Calling all Play Therapists – Join Our Team and Make a Difference!
Are you a passionate, creative and innovative Play Therapist looking for an opportunity to use your skills to help children thrive? If you have a heart and passion for making a positive impact on young lives and the ability to engage children through play, we want you to be part of our team!
Who We Are:
My Ability Australia, is a registered NDIS provider dedicated to providing exceptional care and support to children and families. We understand the power of play as a means of communication and healing for children who have experienced trauma, and emotional challenges in their lives
As a Play Therapist at My Ability Australia, you will be an integral part of our team, making a lasting impact on the lives of our participants. Using play as your primary mode of communication, you will help children navigate through emotional difficulties, trauma, and other developmental challenges. Your innovative and individualised play-based interventions will be the key to unlocking the potential within each child.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct individual play therapy sessions, creating a safe and supportive space for children to express themselves.
- Use various play therapy techniques and creative activities to address emotional, behavioral, and social challenges.
- Collaborate with families and support workers to develop personalised treatment plans and provide support for their child’s well-being.
- Work closely with our multidisciplinary team to integrate play therapy into the child’s overall treatment plan.
- Keep detailed records of each child’s progress and maintain confidentiality with utmost professionalism.
- Work on a full-time basis
What You’ll Bring:
- A degree in Play Therapy, Counselling, Psychology, OT, Social Work, or a related field.
- A genuine love for working with children and a profound understanding of child development and Trauma Informed Care for participants in the NDIS
- Strong communication and active listening skills, enabling you to connect with children and build trust.
- The ability to be creative, flexible, and adaptive in tailoring play-based interventions to individual needs.
- Empathy, patience, and a compassionate approach in assisting children through their emotional journeys.
- Positive energy and passion for quality outcomes for each participant and their families
You will be required to have, or be willing to obtain:
- Hold a current National Police Check (NPC)
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Hold an NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Hold a current Australian issued Driver’s Licence
- Current Provide First Aid certificate
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours may be required
Why Join Us:
At My Ability Australia, we take pride in our commitment to making a difference in the lives of children and their families. As a Play Therapist with us, you will have the opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment, surrounded by like-minded professionals who share your passion for helping children heal and grow.
We are looking for people who think differently and want to make a difference.
If you cant find a way to make a difference “make one”.
Remuneration for this role will be based on relevant skills and experience. This will be discussed with the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
If you’re ready to make a meaningful impact through the transformative power of play, we want to hear from you!
Send your resume and a heartfelt cover letter expressing your dedication to child-centered play therapy via Seek.