Positive Behavior Support Practitioner (Discipline Lead)
RAR Therapy – Townsville Region – Please note that we are seeking an experienced or Senior Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner with a minimum of proficient level. Advanced level PBSP’s would be highly desired.
Nation Wide Positions Available- Multiple Positions
- Family owned business
- Training and support provided
- Flexible work arrangements
RAR Therapy is a family owned business who has been providing Allied Health Services support to people with disabilities across all age ranges (children, adolescents, adults and the elderly) since opening in 2013.
We have a strong focus on client-centered care, quality service delivery and ‘Making a Difference’ for NDIS and private clients in metropolitan, regional and remote communities. We strongly support our clients’ “Choice and Control” in all aspects.
RAR Therapy is a registered NDIS provider.
Please see: www.rartherapy.com for further information about the Allied Health Services that RAR Therapy provides across various Queensland locations.
About The Role: Our Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners provide collaborative supports in client’s natural environments. We deliver practical solutions for improving the human rights and quality of life of the people receiving services and building the capacity of the formal and informal supports around them. Our Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners achieve this by working closely with clients and their support teams and will come to know them well. We are seeking an experienced PBSP to lead by example and provide support and oversight to the local team and to build upon your existing experience.
- Completing thorough information gathering through observations and interviews with clients and stakeholders
- Analaysing data and completing assessments to determine function of behaviour/s
- Completing comprehensive behaviour support plans with a person-centred approach to provide strategies and deliver an outcomes based approach
- Identification of restrictive practices and completion of relevant reporting requirements
- Implementing strategies with clients and modelling best practice in natural environments
- Developing and facilitating training to wider support teams and stakeholders
You genuinely want to make a difference in the lives of people, and you are solutions-focused. You are passionate, focused, warm, innovative, versatile, and resilient.
You will also have:
- Desire to provide client-centered support to people (children, adults) with disabilities who have a range of goals, functional abilities and complex needs
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills (including report writing, client-centered planning)
- Current drivers license
- Current Blue card (to work with children) and NDIS Worker Screen (to work with adults) – or eligibility to apply for. NB: Commencement of this position is contingent on possessing a current NDIS Worker Screen.
- Registration as a Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is a requirement of the role. Support can be provided to achieve registration however; this is a requirement to obtain before commencement within this role. Nb: Proficient or Advanced Level status is highly desirable.
- Vaccination status requirements for face-to-face roles, in line with industry directives.
Additional experience and knowledge (desirable however not essential):
- Allied Health degree or similar is highly regarded in applicants including Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Pathology, Social Sciences, Education (with Behaviour Support component).
- Experience in Child Safety, Trauma Informed Care or transferable skills
- Experience in developing and delivering training to individuals and support teams
- Understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, and legislative requirements relating to restrictive interventions
What we provide
RAR Therapy is passionate about individuality and is genuinely invested in the success of both their clients and staff.
Your benefits will include:
- Flexible working options – we are committed to ensuring staff have a great work/life balance with hybrid working options; clinic, in the community and work from home options
- Highly competitive base salary, negotiable based on your skills and experience with annual reviews
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Leave loading
- Relocation assistance is available for the right applicant
- With a highly experienced team to support you, you will have access to significant in-house professional development, and external courses or training will be supported by RAR (within allocated professional development budget and allowances)