Permanent, either Full-time or 4 days/week
Work from home or at the office in Eight Mile Plains
- Deliver high level, evidenced-based clinical advice and professional information to people living with a disability
- Rewarding environment with loads of opportunities for learning and career growth
- Join a fun and supportive team who love what they do
About the role
As our Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner based over the Gold Coast and Logan, you will deliver high level, evidenced-based clinical advice and professional information to people living with a disability, families and their support team.
Through applying evidence-based approaches you will reduce the impact of challenging behaviour across the organisation by also demonstrating an application of your professional discipline within the context of contemporary behaviour support literature.
We support you and provide supervision to become a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Provide discipline-specific advice and quality assurance to other Multicap Clinical Practice and Behaviour Support team members.
- Undertake relevant assessments to identify causal factors of challenging behaviour in order to establish effective strategies and plans that address the behaviour and enhance the quality of life for the individual.
- Provide coaching, modelling and support to stakeholders including but not limited to families, support workers, and managers to ensure support relevant parties are competent in the implementation of support strategies and aware of their responsibilities and how to effectively implement the plan.
- Implement, capture and analyse data in order to monitor the plan’s effectiveness, review challenging behaviour and make any changes where required.
- Meet operational, clinical, legal and financial performance targets.
You will have a positive attitude, enjoy working as part of a high functioning team and be able to work from home:
- Be assessed against the NDIS capability framework as either Core or Proficient practitioner
- Have high-level interpersonal skills and experience supporting people in situations of high emotions
- Demonstrate a high level communication skills to develop relationships with team members and stakeholders and deal with issues of a sensitive nature
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills to successfully identify problems, develop solutions and implement these using a logical and systematic approach
- Degree qualified in allied health or social and behavioural sciences
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the discipline of service provision
- Experience and knowledge of challenging behaviour and intellectual disability
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating the provision of support to people living with a disability and their families and support networks
- Hold a current QLD Drivers Licence
- Hold a current blue (working with children) and yellow (positive notice card) or be willing to obtain one
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Postgraduate qualifications in allied health or social or behaviour sciences and or professional registration
- Experience working with people with intellectual disability with high and complex needs
At Multicap our sole purpose is to ensure that the quality of life of people living with disability and their families is enhanced by our support. We believe everyone deserves to live life to the full. Multicap have been operating now for over 60 years and is one of the most highly regarded disability service providers in Queensland and northern New South Wales.
All roles at Multicap are eligible for full salary sacrifice, to increase your take home pay.
Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you. Applications close 4 August 2022