NEWCHAPTER was founded by two young individuals who shared the same vision of modernising the Disability Services.
The organisations values run strong and is underpinned by our team’s passion for the sector; with an emphasis on promoting positive change and interpersonal growth among their dynamic and inclusive workplace.
NEWCHAPTER is committed to providing the highest quality of work on a timely and cost-effective basis meeting participant and authority requirements.
At NEWCHAPTER we believe in the power of ideas, the courage to challenge former ways of doing things, the willingness to change and the fact that every individual has a voice.
Our record of accomplishment in providing disability support services, excellence and delivery performance is due to personnel within the organisation being participant focused, competent and delivering successful solutions to any problems that may occur.
Redefine support delivery by challenging old solutions and championing new ideas.
- To empower, encourage and enable people with disabilities enhance their quality of life with dignity and respect.
- To exceed users and other stakeholders’ expectation.
- To create a resilient and empowered community in partnership to support people with disability to become independent and have informed choices.
WE PROMOTE YOU
WE LISTEN, REALLY LISTEN
WE ENSURE LIMITLESS POTENTIAL
WE ARE THE COURAGEOUS CHANGE
TOGETHER WE FORM NEW CHAPTER
The Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner will play an integral role in the future success of our organisation and the achievement of our Motivation, Mission and Values.
The Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner will be responsible for the development and implementation of Behaviour Support Plans for participants we support in collaboration with the Clinical, Allied Health Services Team and Disability Support Workers to ensure best practice consistent with the values of New Chapter while ensuring compliance with NDIS regulatory requirements.
- Undertake comprehensive functional behavioral assessments and develop behaviour support plans.
- Identify strategies for participant we support framed within positive behaviour support to enhance their quality of life.
- Ensure regulatory reporting and organisational compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Provide on-going supervisory support, mentoring and training to team leaders and disability support workers around incidents, restrictive practices, BAFs and NDIS commission/Office of Senior Practitioner updates.
- Work in close collaboration with the support team to develop, implement and review strategies and set realistic goals for people we support.
- Engage positively with families and key decision makers, medical professionals, and allied health providers.
- Maintain positive relationships and work in partnership with people we support, their families and potential other stakeholders to plan, develop and provide a person-centered approach.
- Ensure services to people we support are delivered according to the National Standards for Disability Services, NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Standards, National Disability Insurance Scheme (Restrictive Practices and Behaviour Support) Rules 2018.
- Undertake regular assessments of existing and new participants to ensure best practice and compliance.
- Exercise initiative in the application of established work activities to ensure effective functioning of incident reporting and compliance including Adhering to and champion NEWCHAPTERS policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Motivation, Mission & Values.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Comply with all authorisation requirements for the use of Restrictive Practices.
- Undertake complex administration duties.
- Clinical Supervisor: You will have a dedicated supervisor who will meet with you on a regular basis. This mentorship will be invaluable for your professional development, offering guidance and support as you excel in your role.
- Financial Support for Professional Development: We believe in investing in our employees’ growth. You can count on financial support for your professional development endeavors, whether it’s attending conferences, workshops, or pursuing further education.
- Administrative Support: Our administrative team is here to streamline your work experience, ensuring that you can focus on what you do best. They will handle the paperwork, and other logistical tasks, allowing you to maximise your productivity.
- IT Equipment: We provide IT equipment to empower you in your role. From laptops to software tools, you’ll have the tools you need to excel.
- Flexible Working Hours: We understand the importance of work-life balance. That’s why we offer flexible working hours, including the option to work from home or off-site as part of our hybrid work model. This flexibility allows you to tailor your work environment to your needs.
- Employee Assistance Program: Our Employee Assistance Program is a valuable resource that offers free coaching and counseling sessions. Whether you need support with life challenges, career growth, family matters, or financial planning, our program is here to assist you.
- Kilometer Reimbursement: We ensure kilometer reimbursement to help cover your travel expenses related to your role.
- Experience Working with People with Disability: We value candidates who bring a wealth of experience in working with individuals with disabilities. Your expertise in this area will be crucial in providing the best possible support to our participants.
- Behavior Support Plan Expertise: The ideal candidate should possess the ability to develop, implement, monitor, and review behavior support plans. These plans should be highly responsive to the individual’s needs, aimed at enhancing their quality of life, and supporting them on their journey towards positive change, based on evidence-informed practice.
- Passion for Quality Allied Health Care: We are looking for individuals who have a genuine passion for delivering top-notch allied health care. Your dedication to optimising the positive impact we have on the lives of the people we support is of utmost importance.
In addition to the above requirements, the successful candidate will also need to meet the following qualifications:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification: A relevant qualification in your field is essential to excel in this role.
- Valid Australian Driver’s License: A valid Australian driver’s license is required for this position, as it may involve travel.
- Unrestricted Australian Work Rights: Candidates must have unrestricted work rights in Australia.
You will also need to possess or be willing to obtain the following:
- NDIS Worker Screening Check: A current NDIS Worker Screening Check is mandatory for this role, or you should be willing to obtain one.
- National Police Check: A National Police Check is required to ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals we support.
- Working with Children Check: If applicable to your role, a Working with Children Check is necessary.
- Registration with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission: Registration with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission is essential to maintain high standards of support within the NDIS framework.
If you meet these criteria and are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of individuals with disabilities, we invite you to submit your application. We look forward to considering your candidacy for this important role.