St Jude’s is one of Western Australia’s leading and fastest growing service providers for people with disability and psychosocial needs, successfully operating since 1982. An exciting period of history for our organisation has arrived, as we have now expanded our services into Queensland in 2021. As a result, we are looking for capable, motivated and values-driven allied health professionals who will play key roles in embedding us as a trusted, reputable provider of disability services in the Sunshine State in 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established provider and further your career within the strong Disability sector.
About the Role and You
We are looking for an experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner who has received provisional registration as a BSP, or who has worked with a portfolio of clients in this capacity, to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary allied health team. You will partner with people with disability and their families/stakeholders to enable them to live the life they choose by providing high quality and culturally appropriate behaviour support services.
Key duties include:
- Undertaking comprehensive functional behaviour assessments.
- Developing and implementing individualised, person-centered positive behaviour support plans.
- Providing services to clients that teach and encourage appropriate behaviours.
- Upskilling others in the person’s life to encourage and support positive behaviours.
- Reducing challenging behaviours and working towards the reduction or elimination of restrictive practices.
- Working cooperatively with families and the broader allied health team to ensure best practice service delivery.
Key selection criteria includes:
- Provisional registration as a BSP is desirable but not essential.
- Registration with a governing body such as AHPRA or Speech Pathology Australia is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience working with people with a disability in the context of positive behaviour support.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain both an NDIS Clearance Check and a Working with Children Check.
- Must have a valid drivers licence and a reliable vehicle.
We are happy considering candidates who reside anywhere within the broader Brisbane metro region. We have the capacity to hire the role on a permanent full time basis, but we are also in a position to consider part time terms if this is your preference. Tell us what you’re looking for!
Culture & Benefits
This role represents the opportunity to work within a dynamic and committed team of likeminded individuals. You will work closely with your manager and be provided with ongoing training and development opportunities. St Jude’s is a growing organisation with a track record of internal promotion and there is the significant possibility of career progression attached to this opportunity.
If the above opportunity is one that excites you, please go ahead and click ‘Apply for this job’. We will be in touch to discuss your application.