Are you a Behaviour Support Practitioner or reaching into this field, with a passion to help people reach their potential?
Well Life Services is expanding and looking for a purpose-driven Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our expanding Toowoomba-based, Allied Health Team.
Your positive nature and person centred approach to your work & play will be rewarded with:-
- An exceptional CPD allowance to help you grow in ways that matter to you with built-in systems to support your professional growth.
- Celebrating birthdays and switching off for a group BYO lunch each week to connect.
- Openly considering staff opinions on decisions that impact their work.
- A fun engaged team of passionate colleagues who aspire to make a positive difference every day.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle, as well as access to a company car.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Cover by the company’s Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Access to the tools and technology required to complete your role well.
- Support to ensure your caseload is a good fit for your needs.
In return, we are looking for a Qualified Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner who is :-
- Seeking full-time work
- Is a team player, and
- Exhibits an exceptional client-focused approach.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications, including but not limited to Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work, Psychotherapy or similar.
- Current (or willingness to undergo) NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Check
- First aid and CPR.
- Unrestricted C-class driver’s license and access to a fully registered vehicle.
- Registration, or willingness to register as a Behaviour Support Practitioner with the National Disability Insurance Agency National Quality and Safeguards Commission.
Our Allied Health team is growing, so we have capacity to take on graduates or experienced therapists for this role.
Every day looks different, but here’s a snapshot of your core responsibilities:
- Functional behaviour assessments including communication with stakeholders, observation and assessment of incident reports.
- Mixed workload of adult and paediatric clients no two days are the same!
- Client assessment, intervention and report writing. These should include all available options, to high standards, within required timeframes. You will have support to learn these if you are unfamiliar.
- Knowledge and understanding of the risk factors experienced by each participant with high-risk and/or complex needs.
- High level of understanding, negotiation and planning to identify, review and reduce the use of restrictive practices.
- Consistently demonstrate best practice and a commitment to quality standards, proactively identifying needs for improvement, and showing initiative in meeting these improvement needs.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about the way we do business and ready to help us build our company with your skills.
So, if you are newly graduated or an experienced professional and wanting to work with a team who walks–the-talk then we want to speak with you.