Therapy Pro has a bold vision: We are exceptional: a connected, magnetic organisation delivering life-changing therapy experiences and we are looking for a Lead Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner to join our national team!.
Unlock your potential and build a career with a lasting impact.
About the role
As a Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner, you will join a diverse and welcoming team, in a full-time or part-time capacity (minimum 0.6, 22.8hrs). You will be given the opportunity to work locally in your community but collaborate with like-minded colleagues nationally. This is done with the autonomy to work from home that gives you the time to structure your day to suit your lifestyle, family life, personal preference, and caseload to be successful in your work.
Positive behaviour support (PBS) is a highly specialised area of practice and one which requires allied health practitioners to undertake further education and training. It’s an area in which expertise and skill is currently lacking across the sector and provides an opportunity for Therapy Pro to position itself now and into the future as an industry leader.
To do this well requires consistent demonstration to clients, services providers and key stakeholders (OPG, NQSC, NDIS) of our expertise through:
- Consistent delivery of high quality PBSPs from a practice as well as from a process and supervisory perspective
- Ability to confidently navigate clinical complexity related to PBSP practice and the identification and sophisticated understanding of the authorisation and use of all restrictive practices
- Ability to provide reliable, timely and accurate advice regarding policy and clinical practice.
- Provide advice and support policy and practice to ensure compliance with NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission requirements for Specialist Behaviour Support.
- Ability to confidently tell external stakeholders the story of Therapy Pro’s PBS expertise.
Engagement of an additional PBSP will enable Therapy Pro to continue to support and refine its practice, specifically:
- Develop and maintain policy and practice requirements within the Commission’s supervisory practice framework.
- Problem solve complex clinical and PBSP matters especially for cases where there is ambiguity.
- Execution of Therapy Pro processes, policies and procedures to enhance practice, particularly relative to complex clients.
- Contribute to the development and success of relationships and partnerships between Therapy Pro and other service providers and stakeholders in order to attract PBS business and PBS practitioners
You will play a vital role in one of our multidisciplinary teams. Building relationships with partners, therapists and families and demonstrating why Therapy Pro is a provider of choice.
As part of Therapy Pro, you will be able to work from home and in community settings, supporting clients in the environment that best supports their goals and outcomes.
The work we do is sometimes complex and challenging, but with everything you need to learn, grow and reflect it’s also incredibly rewarding.
Why work with us?
We’re an ambitious, close-knit team. We don’t do mediocre – we’re unashamedly here to support our clients to achieve outcomes that transform their lives. Part of our strength is that we only take on therapists with the values and drive to excel.
We give you the trust, autonomy, and flexibility to create a schedule that works best for you. Our billable time target is 55% and we make this realistic because we want our employees to have balance, the opportunity to learn, grow and love what they do.
There are a variety of ways that we support and recognise our team including:
- Fair and competitive salaries
- Values Awards
- Growth and Leadership opportunities
- Generous incentive structure for achieving targets
- $4,000 professional development allowance
- Focus on personal contribution and progress
- PI Insurance
- Laptop, smartphone and tools for the job
- Travel reimbursements
- 17.5% leave loading
- Autonomy, trust and flexibility to structure your own time
- Diverse and welcoming workforce where you can be you
We know the right person doesn’t come from a tick list; we both need to feel this is the right fit because there’s a certain feeling you get when you’re in that right place, where you can grow into the therapist you always knew you were capable of being.
However, here is a guide to see if you could find that feeling at Therapy Pro.
- You have an appetite for innovation, a growth mindset and want to be part of building something new.
- You have experience working in or a strong desire to understand the community sector and NDIS market.
- Minimum tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Education or other relevant field.
- You are PBS endorsed.
- You have strong interpersonal skills that allow you to develop collaborative relations with clients and colleagues.
- You are flexible in your approach to working with a variety of clients and their families, operating in an individualised way with each person.
- You hold or are willing to obtain a current Working With Children Check and an NDIS Worker Screening Check before commencing.
- You have a full, unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence and reliable access to a registered, fully insured vehicle.
Contact Lois South, Recruitment Manager, on 0499 327 440 for further information or a confidential discussion about the role – alternatively, apply now.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!