STTARS (Survivors of Torture and Trauma Assistance and Rehabilitation Services)
- Immediate start
STTARS is a non-government, not for profit organisation who have been operating in South Australia since 1991. STTARS has no political or religious affiliations.
STTARS provides counselling and support services to people from refugee and migrant backgrounds who have experienced torture or been traumatised as a result of persecution, violence, war or unlawful imprisonment prior to arrival in Australia.
The Practice Facilitator will be working closely with the Clinical Services Manager and Team Leaders to strengthen the skills and knowledge of practitioners across the organisation and the sector and to build a service delivery culture that meets best practice and integrates findings from international research and clinical practice.
The Practice Facilitator position will also design and deliver high quality practice development and professional learning programs within STTARS and also externally to build the skills and capacity of mainstream services to appropriately respond to and care for refugee clients and survivors of torture and trauma.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE:
- Work collaboratively with the Clinical Services Manager and Team Leaders to ensure best practice in services delivery across STTARS programs.
- Provide practice supervision, advice, and coaching to practitioners based on sound practice expertise and STTARS service model to support the delivery of effective interventions to clients.
- Provide individual and group reflective practice supervision to practitioners using a reflective and evidence informed approach to ensure that work with clients is in line with best practice and STTARS model. (In addition to supervision provided by Team Leaders)
- Provide advice, consultation and support to practitioners working with high risk, complex and/or sensitive cases.
- Support staff development in consultation with line managers.
- Identify practice quality issues for development and training opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Relevant post graduate tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, or a related discipline, holding registration with appropriate professional body.
- Accredited supervisor with Psychology Board Approved Supervisor, Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australian or Australian Association of Social Work
- Certificate IV in training and assessment
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Salary is based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHADS) 2010 – Level 7
- Full-time position
- Appointment to the role is subject to the applicant having a current Department of Human Services (DHS) child related employment clearance and police clearance.
- This position will require travel between sites and therefore the successful applicant must hold a current driver’s licence.
- The right to live and work in Australia.
- Some inter/intra state travel may be required.
As a team member at STTARS you can expect to be working alongside a highly skilled and professional team who are focused on the health and wellbeing of our clients.
We welcome applicants with lived experience and/or from a refugee background.
For further information about the role please contact Robyn Smythe, Director, on 8206 8900.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should be sent to [email protected]
If you would like a Position Description, please email [email protected]
Recruitment activities will commence immediately and close when we have found a suitable candidate so don’t delay in submitting your application.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.