Anglicare’s Children, Youth & Families have a long history of providing family and children support services, including family intervention, foster and kinship care, counselling, relationship support and much more. Our Family Intervention Service works to preserve families or assist in reunifying a child with their family after a period of out of home care.
This essential service, based in Caboolture, requires an experienced Practitioner – Identified to join their team on a full-time basis. Providing in-home intensive intervention and support service to families where child protection issues have been identified as a significant concern.
It is a genuine occupational requirement of this role to identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, under S25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld)
The Practitioner role is to provide an in-home intensive intervention and support service to families where child protection issues have been identified as a significant concern.
Two services are offered within this program with all referrals being made by the Department of Communities Child Safety and Disability Services (the Department).
1) Early Intervention: the service will intervene with families who have been notified to statutory child protection and need support so their children can remain safely in the family home; and
2) Reunification: where the intervention will be adequate and sustainable so that the children can return home from an existing out of home care placement and live safely within the natural family home.
Additionally you will require:
- It is a genuine occupational requirement of this role to identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, under S25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld)
- Current Blue Card
- Current Licensed Care Service (LCS)
- Current Queensland Driver Licence
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, Behavioural or Social Sciences or similar field
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (desired)
- Current Covid-19 Vaccination Certification
What We Offer
- Salary Packaging, package up to $15,900 per year tax free!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses
- Purchase extra Leave
- ALEX Learning and Development Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Significant and ongoing learning, to create genuine career growth and development plans
- Staff Spiritual Retreat twice a year
- An employee benefits program that includes awesome retail discounts.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental ill health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in being a Practitioner with Anglicare SQ.
For further information or adjustment to the application process please contact Mark Cotterill on 07 5428 4949
Anglicare Southern Queensland is committed to the health and safety of our workforce. Shortlisted Applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessments that requests the sharing of information regarding pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position