Our Foster & Kinship Care team in Maroochydore is extending its highly successful Kin Finder Pilot Project and is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced practitioner to undertake the Kin Finder role on a full time 6 month contract with high possibility of extension.
This position involves working closely with Child Safety colleagues, using a range of strategies to:
- (a) identify potential extended family (kin) for children in foster care
- (b) create new family connections for children in foster care
Reporting to the Coordinator of the Foster and Kinship Care Service, the successful applicant be based at our Maroochydore office. You will participate in joint monthly project review meetings in partnership with Department of Child Safety.
The Kin Finder practitioner will take the lead in communicating with potential kin, providing support and assessment, and will need to work independently demonstrating the following:
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, including motivational interviewing techniques, ability to communicate around sensitive topics, ability to respectfully challenge information presented and ability to gather and synthesise information.
- Solid understanding of both the legislative and policy requirements relating to Regulation of Care
- An ability to prepare genograms and ecomaps and utilise these as a tools whilst engaging with family and/or carer applicants.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Child Safety colleagues to connect with family members to explore who might be best placed to provide care for a young person (particularly where there are multiple persons expressing an interest to provide care).
- An ability to prepare applicants well for the care system ie: orientation to the child protection system, understanding of Statement of Standards, Blue Card application process and understanding their role as a potential kinship carer
- Experience in completing good quality assessments including provisional assessments, household safety studies, initial kinship assessments
- Excellent record keeping and case noting skills
- Understanding of the complexities of kinship care
Qualifications and documentation required:
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences or similar field
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current Licensed Care Service (LCS)
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
- A current Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities, and people with a lived experience of mental ill health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing ongoing care and protection.
What We Offer
- Join a respected Not For Profit and make a real impact in your role to assist Queenslanders in need.
- Great flexibility, work-life balance, flexible hours and hybrid work from home (WFH) model.
- Salary Packaging – package up to $15,900 per year tax free! This means you can pay for items such as Rent, Mortgage, Credit Cards, Utilities, School Tuition and more out of your salary before tax!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, venue hire, holiday accommodation etc.)
- Enjoy the potential tax savings of a Novated Car Lease.
- Employee Discounts at some of Australia’s leading retailers.
- 6% Bupa Health Insurance Discount.
- Ongoing training and support with hundreds of free online courses on our learning management system.
- Career Opportunities – join a company who aim to promote from within to fill new roles with our internal-only Job Board.
- Opportunities to purchase additional annual leave.
- Free counselling through our Employee Assistance Programs and Pastoral Care Support and retreats.
- Free annual Flu vaccinations.
What happens now?
Apply online with your current resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in being a Practitioner with Anglicare SQ, and answer our quick and easy online questions.
For further information or adjustment to the application please contact
0411 428 582
A Pre-Employment Assessment will follow (after shortlisting) for disclosures of pre-existing injuries, illnesses, or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated from performing the duties of this position