Join our innovative, dynamic and cohesive team of Behaviour Support practitioners at Northcott.
You will be supported in a clinical practice model which includes both individual and group supervision as well as regular Peer Support opportunities.
This position can be based from either Albury or Wagga Wagga.
As a Proficient Behaviour Support Practitioner you will:
- Develop both Comprehensive and Interim Behaviour Support plans that meet NDIS commission requirements for the use of Restricted Practices for customers with complex support needs
- Provide ongoing mentoring/peer support to Core practitioners.
- Complete of a variety of assessments for existing and potential customers to support Northcott’s Housing Pathway
- Use your knowledge and practical skills gained through further study and practical experience to provide specialist behaviour support working in a variety of contexts.
- Have the opportunity to take part in professional development to grow and enhance your skills.
- Demonstrate and embody Northcott values; ‘innovative, respectful and brave’.
- Eligibility to work as an NDIS Commission approved Proficient Practitioner.
- A tertiary qualification such as Psychology, Social Work or other relevant allied health area.
- Minimum three years’ experience mentoring staff to implement Behaviour Support strategies.
- Experience working with customers with a range of complexities using a Positive Behaviour Support approach.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check or willingness to obtain.
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain.
Why work for Northcott?
- We have friendly and supportive teams across Sydney and the wider therapy teams across NSW ACT VIC & QLD.
- We have a family friendly hybrid model workplace with flexible hours for staff to manage your home and work lives effectively.
- 5 weeks paid annual leave and additional paid parental leave (pro rata).
- Multiple employee benefits, such as discounted gym & health fund membership, discounted motor vehicle services and entertainment cards.
- Novated Lease Arrangement for vehicle if desired.
- Salary Packaging is available to help boost your take home pay (pay less tax!). Contact us if you would like a 1 on 1 consultation to share how Sal Pack could benefit you at Northcott or click here for a quick calculator
Northcott are a values-based organisation that strives to foster a workplace culture based on our core values. We are:
Innovative because we develop new ideas and solutions with creativity in anticipation of changing needs
Respectful because we believe that everyone’s voice is unique and that they have the right to be heard
Brave because we have the courage to stand up for people with all abilities even in the face of adversity
Support Coordination at Northcott:
Northcott’s Coordination of Supports service is an independent service that assists participants and their families with multiple or complex support needs to understand and implement their NDIS Plan and access services from a range of providers. Learn more here
Covid Vaccination Status
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 and maintain regular booster shots (unless granted an exemption). Evidence of your current vaccination status or medical exemption will be required.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Northcott actively promotes diversity and inclusion in the recruitment process and throughout employment. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected and supported to progress. Northcott welcomes applications from and ensures no one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, culture, LGBTIQ+ identity, disability, gender, age, religion or caring responsibilities. If you require an adjustment to participate in the recruitment process, if you have a preferred contact method or require any information provided in an alternative format, please contact Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at [email protected] .