About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Australians with this unique opportunity to provide both corporate expertise and community support. With a focus on people, not profit, Life Without Barriers’ corporate services team partners with our direct support staff, clients, and their families to ensure we continue our mission to change lives for the better. If a truly inclusive, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment sounds like your next career move, this is an opening not to be missed.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client’s individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
The aim of the Program Assistant is to actively support the Program Manager, Practice Lead, and the Operations Manager, in the referral process of clients, the review of client’s services, program and office related administrative tasks and the management of the client data base. The incumbent will also demonstrate leadership and peer support to assist teams to achieve positive outcomes with service users. The successful applicant will also be a key support for the management of the state office administration and reception.
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis at our office in Milton.
- Provide administrative support in relation to the management of client data base, within the Child, Youth and Family Program.
- Monitor the changing needs of service users and provide information and contribute to the adaptation of LWB services as required to meet these needs.
- Build a positive team environment and provide role modelling and on the job support.
- Improve efficiencies through best practice administration, communications, and records management.
- Coordinate resources for the region (vehicles, ICT equipment, room bookings, petty cash, office maintenance etc.), and maintain recording systems.
- Create, update, and maintain registers with sensitive Client and Carer information in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Life Without Barriers policy, code of conduct, procedures and practices, external funding body requirements and legislation.
- Apply and uphold principles of equity and anti-discrimination in the workplace, and adhere to organisation and legislative Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in the health or welfare field and/or relevant experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain clients’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Established problem solving, conflict management and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence, and other documents.
- Current Full Unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Monthly RDO
- Salary packaging tax benefits
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent career development opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Joelene Green at [email protected]
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications are continuously reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date midnight Wednesday 16th August 2023.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)