- Permanent | Full Time
- $72,814- $83,988 + Super + Salary Packaging
- Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Location: Broken Hill | Dubbo| Coonamble | Walgett NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need.
Life at Mission Australia
When you join our team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Manin’ Up, a registered Men’s Behaviour Change Program, aims to help men understand the impact that their behaviour has on women and children, working with men to break the to break the cycle of violence by giving them skills to manage in situations that in the past would have seen them resort to violence or abuse.
The program helps men to identify their abuse, manage their emotions, and understand their beliefs and attitudes about relationships and families. The program also provides support to men on respect and parenting after violence.
The Manin’ Up Program is a unique and innovative program which will provide the Program Facilitator the opportunity to be at the forefront in helping to change the behaviours of men who have committed violence within intimate partner relationships.
We welcome applications from qualified and experienced candidates. We can also support training and therefore invite applications from candidates who may not meet all the criteria but are able to demonstrate an understanding of the impacts of intimate partner violence.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver registered men’s behaviour change programs in both group and individual settings
- Conduct thorough and robust assessments of family violence and risk factors; creating individualised support plans
- Liaise with the Department of Communities and Justice , Police, Courts and other support services as required
- Work alongside the Partner Case Worker to ensure the safety of women and children
Requirements for Success
- Experience working in the community service sector, particularly with DV or Justice and a thorough understanding of the impacts of violence within intimate partner relationships.
- Experience in the delivery of group-based intervention programs
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma or above) in Community Services or Mental Health (highly desirable)
- Interviewing skills and experience in the use of Motivational Interactions (favourable)
- Good communications skills both written and spoken
- Current NSW Driving Licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description MBCP Program Facilitator.pdf and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications close on Friday 22nd September. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you