Are you a passionate individual keen to make a difference?
We are seeking a Program Facilitator to join our Community Safety and Wellbeing team based in South Hedland.
As a Program Facilitator, you will be responsible for developing and delivering a range of services to support men who choose to use violence and/or abuse cease their use of these behaviours while maximising the safety of women, young people and children.
If you’d like to make a change and enhance the lives in your community, we will provide mentorship and the training required to succeed in making a difference.
This position will be offered on a fixed term full-time basis.
This is your chance to join an organisation with an exceptional team culture, driven by a commitment to diversity, respect and fairness.
Who Are We?
Since opening our doors in 1977, our passion for delivering high quality, people-focused support services has continued to flourish. In May 2020, we became the new custodian of White Ribbon Australia, establishing a national footprint for the organisation.
We remain committed to growing a workforce that celebrates diversity and seeks to inspire and empower the people we serve.
While we’ve changed a lot over the past 45 years, our values – Hope, Opportunity, Perseverance and Equality – remain at the very heart of everything we do.
- Ability to develop rapport, be non-judgemental and provide a high level of risk assessment, safety planning, individual and group work, case management to clients across the lifespan.
- Ability to apply current knowledge of developmental and psychosocial issues to assess clients and refer effectively if deemed necessary.
- Skills in managing individual and difficult group dynamics and difficult behaviour including managing crisis and emotional distress.
- Skills in advocacy, negotiation and teamwork.
- Demonstrate a willingness to engage in reflective practice that takes into account a gendered and feminist analysis of behaviours, thoughts and feelings.
- Demonstrated high level time management and task management skills, and ability to work under limited direction.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Satisfactory Police clearance (not older than 6 months from the issue date)
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Current working With Children Check (or willing to apply for one)
- Current senior first aid certificate (or willing to undertake first aid training)
What we can offer you!
- Accommodation allowance
- Opportunity to be part of an organisation helping to create strong, safe, and inclusive communities.
- Generous NFP salary packaging opportunities (option to package up to $15,900 for general living expenses and an additional $2,650 for entertainment benefits per annum)
- Family Domestic Violence and Abuse (FDVA) leave, financial assistance and structured support for any employees who have experienced FDVA incidents.
- Discounted Health Insurance with HBF
- Free, confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
- Extra Leave – 5 days of extra paid leave per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Paid parental leave policy.
Do you want to be part of a contemporary and agile organisation, with a team of 300-plus employees and volunteers alongside you?
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses our Selection Criteria.
White Ribbon Workplaces are centres of respect and proactivity in relation to the safety of women in the workplace and the community.
Communicare encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI+ and people living with disabilities.
Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.