QuIHN is a statewide, not for profit, and non-government health service which provides a variety of health services to people who use substances throughout Queensland across three service areas:
- Therapeutic Services;
- Harm Reduction Services; and
- Better Access Medical Clinic.
QuIHN encourages a positive work environment and individual career development by providing for team building opportunities, individual learning and development plans, supervision, professional development funds, safe and supportive work practices and flexible working arrangements to assist employees in managing a work/life balance.
We value and seek the knowledge of
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People with a lived/living experience of substance use
About the role
Part time position – 22.5 hours per week
The Program Facilitator / Drug and Alcohol Worker will support clients by:
- deliver structured moderate intensity, evidence informed Relapse Prevention AOD groups within Queensland Correctional Facilities and the community
- provide AOD interventions to individuals on community supervision orders, who are also affected by substance use and other related concerns such as mental health.
What we’re looking for
Someone who is passionate about their work and the health outcomes of both clients and the broader community and can demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Tertiary qualification (e.g. Cert IV or above) in a relevant field
- Ability to engage clients on community supervision orders (Parole and Probation)
- Ability to achieve a successful Criminal History Check + Admin Form 27A (Application to Visit) – as required by Queensland Corrective Services
- Demonstrate allyship to the AOD community
- Current Queensland driver’s licence (or equivalent)
To enable us to assess your merit, you should apply via Seek with:
- your current resume, including qualifications and employment history.
- a short statement (of no more than two (2) pages) demonstrating your experience in relation to the “About the Role” and how you fit “What we’re looking for”
- as well as outlining your motivation to join QuIHN.
Applications close the Friday 22 September 2023, however the position may be filled before that time.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of the advert, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.