We are currently seeking a Program Facilitator to join our Connect and Respect Rockingham team.
As a Program Facilitator, you will deliver a range of services to support men and women who choose to use violence and/or abuse, cease their use of these behaviours while maximising the safety of women, young people and children.
This position will be offered on a Fixed Term part-time basis, working 30 hours per fortnight to January 2024.
- Ability to develop rapport, be non-judgemental and provide a high level of risk assessment, safety planning, individual and group work, to clients across the lifespan.
- Skills in liaising at all levels with other service providers.
- Ability to apply current knowledge of developmental and psychosocial issues to assess clients and refer effectively if deemed necessary.
- Skills in managing crisis and emotional distress.
- Skills in managing difficult group dynamics and difficult behaviour
- Skills in advocacy, negotiation, and teamwork.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (three doses where eligible)
- Satisfactory Police clearance (not older than 6 months from the issue date)
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Working With Children Check
Who Are We?
Since opening our doors in 1977, our passion for delivering high quality, people-focused support services has continued to flourish. In May 2020, we became the new custodian of White Ribbon Australia, establishing a national footprint for the organisation.
We remain committed to growing a workforce that celebrates diversity and seeks to inspire and empower the people we serve.
While we’ve changed a lot over the past 45 years, our values – Hope, Opportunity, Perseverance and Equality – remain at the very heart of everything we do.
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to be part of an organisation helping to create strong, safe, and inclusive communities.
- Generous NFP salary packaging opportunities (option to package up to $15,900 for general living expenses and an additional $2,650 for entertainment benefits per annum)
- Extra Leave – 5 days of extra paid leave per annum
- Paid parental leave policy.
- Family Domestic Violence and Abuse (FDVA) leave, financial assistance and structured support for any employees who have experienced FDVA incidents.
- Discounted Health Insurance with HBF
- Free, confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses our Selection Criteria.
White Ribbon Workplaces are centres of respect and proactivity in relation to the safety of women in the workplace and the community.
Communicare encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI+ and people living with disabilities.
Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.